Pittsburgh, PA (PRWEB) June 10, 2011
The PNC Financial Services Group joins the nation in recognizing Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual and Transgender (LGBT) Pride Month throughout the month of June, with sponsored programs and activities planned in Baltimore, Md.; Columbus, Ohio; Kalamazoo, Mich.; Pittsburgh, Pa.; and Washington, D.C.
“Diversity and inclusion initiatives provide PNC with opportunities to engage our employees, compete for talent, and deepen our relationships with customers and communities," said Marsha Jones, chief diversity officer, PNC. "As a result, it makes good business sense to support programs, like LGBT Pride Month, that demonstrate our commitment to diversity and help foster an inclusive workplace.”
- The 36th annual Capital Pride Celebration in Washington, D.C., including the Pride Parade on June 11 and a performance by singer Kelly Rowland at the Capital Pride Festival on June 12.
- Pittsburgh Pride, featuring singer-songwriter Patti LaBelle at Pride in the Street on June 11 and the annual Pride Parade and PrideFest events on June 12.
- The fifth annual Kalamazoo Pride celebration including the Pride Festival on June 11 at Arcadia Creek Festival Place.
- The 30th annual Baltimore PRIDE series of events, with a parade, block party and family festival June 17-19.
- Columbus Pride Weekend, including the Pride Festival and Pride Parade June 17-18 and the Pride Brunch June 19.
To learn more about diversity and inclusion at PNC or for additional information on attending PNC celebrations of LGBT Pride Month, visit http://www.pnc.com/diversity or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
The PNC Financial Services Group, Inc. (http://www.pnc.com) is one of the nation's largest diversified financial services organizations providing retail and business banking; residential mortgage banking; specialized services for corporations and government entities, including corporate banking, real estate finance and asset-based lending; wealth management and asset management. Follow @PNCNews on Twitter for breaking news, updates and announcements from PNC.