Passengers aboard this special cruise are in for an exceptional entertainment experience. We appreciate all the enthusiastic feedback we’ve gotten from fans that helped to narrow our impressive list of several hundred entertainers down to these top five.
Santa Clarita, Calif. (PRWEB) February 27, 2012
Princess Cruises, with the help of fans on Facebook, has determined the five finalists that will compete for the cruise line’s first-ever title of Entertainer of the Year. Each of these performers will take to the stage on Princess’ Entertainer of the Year cruise – aboard Ruby Princess’ April 8, 2012 sailing to the Eastern Caribbean – where passengers will then cast their ballots to help bestow the honor.
The five finalists are:
- Beatlemaniacs – This mop-topped tribute band strives to create a concert experience “that touches people the way a two-minute Beatles song touched an entire generation in the 1960s.”
- Bert Stratton – This popular Crooners entertainer is a multitalented performer described as “reminiscent of a young Victor Borge with a dash of Jim Carrey.” Although usually found behind a piano, Stratton is also a singer and songwriter who has released five CDs.
- Carlos Oscar – Comedian Carlos Oscar has appeared on “The Tonight Show,” HBO, Showtime and Comedy Central. According to Bill Cosby, “Carlos is a comedy treasure…the only four letter words you'll hear from Carlos are debt, kids and help!"
- David Cats -- An Italian illusionist, originally from Venice, Italy, Cats has performed across the globe, and was once selected as one of the 30 Best Young Illusionists in the World. His show is designed to present “incredible illusions, elegant humor and unbelievable sleight of hand.”
- Steve Moris – Entertaining with a unique blend of comedy and music, Moris has been described as “Funnier than Eric Clapton, better guitar player than Jay Leno.” He has also performed with acts such as the Beach Boys, Jan and Dean, and comedian Louis Anderson.
Passengers will be able to see live performances from each finalist during the Entertainer of the Year cruise, and cast their ballot for their favorite. The winner will be announced on the final night of the cruise at an onboard party.
“Passengers aboard this special cruise are in for an exceptional entertainment experience,” said Jan Swartz, Princess Cruises executive vice president. “We appreciate all the enthusiastic feedback we’ve gotten from fans that helped to narrow our impressive list of several hundred entertainers down to these top five.”
Finalists were determined by the Princess Cruises Entertainment department based on passenger surveys, onboard audience response and fan feedback on Facebook.
The winner of the onboard competition will receive a cash prize and select onboard perks, and will hold the title of “2011 Entertainer of the Year.”
A video showcasing each of the Entertainer of the Year finalists is available on YouTube.
Additional information about Princess Cruises is available through a professional travel agent, by calling 1-800-PRINCESS, or by visiting the company's website at http://www.princess.com.
About Princess Cruises:
One of the best-known names in cruising, Princess Cruises is a global cruise and tour company operating a fleet of 16 modern ships renowned for their innovative design and wide array of choices in dining, entertainment and amenities, all provided in an environment of exceptional customer service. A recognized leader in worldwide cruising, Princess carries 1.3 million passengers each year to destinations around the globe ranging in length from seven to 107 days. The company is part of Carnival Corporation & plc.
Princess Cruises is a proud member of World's Leading Cruise Lines. Our exclusive alliance also includes Carnival Cruise Lines, Holland America, Cunard Line, Costa Cruises and Seabourn. Sharing a passion to please each guest and a commitment to quality and value, World’s Leading Cruise Lines inspires people to discover their best vacation experience. Together, we offer a variety of exciting and enriching cruise vacations to the world's most desirable destinations. Visit us at http://www.worldsleadingcruiselines.com.
For further information contact:
Karen Candy, kcandy(at)princesscruises(dot)com, 661-753-1540
Julie Benson, jbenson(at)princesscruises(dot)com, 661-753-1530
# # #