We have two objectives with our new design.
Quincy, MA (PRWEB) July 13, 2009
The Student Loan Network introduces a new private student loans comparison website offering a variety of loans for funding a college education.
Compare private student loans to federal student loans and competing offers from various private loan lenders.
"We have two objectives with our new design." explained Jon Rudy, Director of Student Loan Programs. "First, although we always recommend federal loans first, we want to show that private student loans actually compare favorably to federal student loans. Second, we want to let students know they have several options - both federal and private."
Private Student Loan Insight:
- Many private student loans have a lower interest rate than the Federal PLUS Loan. The catch - private loan rates are usually variable while PLUS Loan rates are fixed. The majority of parents want their sons/daughters to share in the responsibility of their loans.
- Many applicants will not apply for federal student loans to avoid filling out the FAFSA form - which is viewed as overly complicated and requires submitting personal information to the government.
- Increasingly, students are doing the initial shopping and then bringing the options to their parents for the final decision.
- PrivateStudentLoans.com is a top 5 site in Google for Private Student Loans.
- 45,000+ visitors to PrivateStudentLoans.com this month makes it the leading site for private student loan comparisons and the fastest growing resource for students and parents looking for private student loans.
"There has been a lot of press about a new private student loan product requiring payments from the student while they are in school" continues Mr. Rudy. "While in school payments reduce the overall cost of the loan, the majority of students and parents want to defer payments. We want students to know that they have many options. All programs that we list on our comparison allow for payments at any time when students or parents have the ability - most people aren't aware of this important feature."
Students have many options when it comes to financing their education. Scholarships, grants and federal student loans are the first and best option. When these funds fall short, students can and should consider a variety of private student loans.
PrivateStudentLoans.com is a member of the Student Loan Network, an Edvisors Online Education Company. PrivateStudentLoans.com.
About Edvisors and the Student Loan Network:
The Student Loan Network is one of the nation's fastest growing providers of student loans and related information. A member of the Edvisors (http://www.edvisors.com) family of companies since 1998, we have connected 25 million students and parents with over $1 billion in scholarships, grants and federal, private and consolidation loan funding. To help make the confusing and stressful financial aid process easier, the Student Loan Network also delivers helpful information, including the award-winning Financial Aid Podcast, a multitude of financial aid-related blogs, forums and the monthly Financial Aid Newsletter. Learn more about the Student Loan Network at http://www.StudentLoanNetwork.com.
# # #