Growing consumer awareness regarding gut health has pushed the demand for supplements and dietary products, which is expected to reflect in probiotic consumption over the forecast period.
San Francisco, California (PRWEB) October 28, 2014
The global market for probiotics is expected to reach USD 52.34 billion by 2020, according to a new study by Grand View Research, Inc. Growing consumer awareness regarding gut health has pushed the demand for supplements and dietary products, which is expected to reflect in probiotic consumption over the forecast period. However, the probiotics market is still at a relatively novice stage, with lack of clarity on usage patterns among consumers, this is expected to play a critical role in market development over the next six years. Labeling regulations, especially in the U.S. and European Union, are also expected to have significant impact on market growth.
View full report with TOC at http://www.grandviewresearch.com/industry-analysis/probiotics-market
Food & beverages dominated the application market and accounted for over 80% of the total probiotics market, driven by growth of fermented meat, dairy, bakery, breakfast cereals, fats & oils, beverages, fish & eggs, meat, and soy products. Dietary supplements are expected to be the fastest growing application segment, at an estimated CAGR of 7.7% from 2012 to 2020.
Request free sample of this report at http://www.grandviewresearch.com/industry-analysis/probiotics-market/request
Further key findings from the study suggest:
- Probiotics for human consumption accounted for over 90% of the total market in 2013. Of late, probiotics have made significant strides in the animal feed industry and are expected to grow at an estimated CAGR of 7.6% from 2012 to 2020.
- Asia Pacific emerged as most dominant regional market, owing to the fact that the concept started in Japan, accounting for over 50% of the total market share in Asia Pacific. Asia Pacific is also expected to be the fastest growing market, at an estimated CAGR of 7.7% from 2012 to 2020.
- Probiotics market is highly fragmented, with top five participants catering to just over 35% of the total demand. Danone accounted for over 10% of the overall market share for probiotics, followed by Yakult, Nestle, Chr Hansen, and Danisco. Other notable participants include Arla Foods, BioGaia Biologics AB, General Mills Inc., Probi AB, Mnm View, Mother Dairy Food Processing, Lifeway Foods Inc., Institute Rosell, E. I. DuPont, Royal Dsm N.V, ConAgra and Nebraska Cultures Inc.
Browse all reports of this category at http://www.grandviewresearch.com/industry/nutraceuticals-functional-foods-and-dietary-supplements
For the purpose of this study, Grand View Research has segmented the Probiotics market on the basis of application, end-use and region:
- Global Probiotics Application Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2012 - 2020)
• Probiotic Food and Beverages
• Probiotic Dietary Supplements
• Animal Feed Probiotics
- Global Probiotics End-Use Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2012 - 2020)
• Human Probiotics
• Animal Probiotics
- Global Probiotics Regional Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2012 - 2020)
• North America
• Asia Pacific
Browse all upcoming reports by Grand View Research http://www.grandviewresearch.com/ongoing-reports
About Grand View Research
Grand View Research, Inc. is a U.S. based market research and consulting company, registered in the State of California and headquartered in San Francisco. The company provides syndicated research reports, customized research reports, and consulting services. To help clients make informed business decisions, we offer market intelligence studies ensuring relevant and fact-based research across a range of industries, from technology to chemicals, materials and healthcare. For more information, visit http://www.grandviewresearch.com/
Corporate Sales Specialist, USA
Grand View Research, Inc
Toll Free: 1-888-202-9519
Related reports by Grand View Research:
Animal Feed Organic Trace Minerals Market And Segment Forecasts To 2020 - http://www.grandviewresearch.com/industry-analysis/animal-feed-organic-trace-minerals-industry
The global market for animal feed organic trace minerals is expected to reach USD 624.6 Million by 2020, according to a new study by Grand View Research, Inc. Higher bioavailability or organic trace minerals in animals as compared to inorganic counterparts is expected to be a key driver for the market over the next six years.
Animal Feed Additives Market And Segment Forecasts To 2020 - http://www.grandviewresearch.com/industry-analysis/animal-feed-additives-market
The global market for animal feed additives is expected to reach USD 19.54 billion by 2020, according to a new study by Grand View Research, Inc. Growing protein demand, especially in Asia Pacific and Latin America, is expected to be a key driver for additive demand over the next six years.