Cambridge, MA (PRWEB) January 26, 2010
PowerSteering Software, the leader in on-demand enterprise project & portfolio management (PPM) solutions, today announced the release of PowerSteering 8.0, an unparalleled combination of PPM functionality, configurability and ease-of-use.
The new release eliminates adoption barriers frequently expressed by frustrated users who find PPM software difficult to use, complicated to learn and lacking in value. PowerSteering 8.0 introduces a compelling collection of capabilities sure to simplify project planning and execution, resource management and reporting. Users now have numerous time-saving features at their fingertips so that managing a project doesn’t become a major project.
“Our IT project managers are excited about PowerSteering 8.0. The inline editing, drag and drop tools and ease-of-use improvements will dramatically increase their productivity and make their jobs easier,” said Donna King, Acosta IT PMO Manager.
“Every new PowerSteering release always focuses on enhancing usability, but PowerSteering 8.0 is exceptional because of its emphasis on simplifying the workflow for the demanding role of the project manager,” commented Stephen Sharp, PowerSteering's Chief Executive Officer. “The ease-of-use and intuitiveness facilitate superior user adoption – the ultimate driver of software business value.”
Enhanced capabilities of PowerSteering 8.0 include:
- Project Central – Maximize productivity with a completely redesigned workspace for handling all project-related activities. Supports the project management needs of the most exacting Project Management Professional, without overwhelming less technical users. Decreases project duration and effort so that benefits are realized sooner.
- Interactive Gantt – Visualize and edit schedules with a single click. Create dependency relationships, modify durations and update tasks with an intuitive drag-and-drop interface that graphically displays the impact of changes in real-time.
- Project Cost Estimator – Generate detailed project cost and labor estimates automatically. Factor in precise internal and external resource needs based on specific role, skill and activity costs. Streamline annual portfolio planning and generate more accurate net benefit/NPV projections.
- Personalized Views – Increase software utilization by letting users tailor page layouts to reflect their personal preferences.
- Timesheet Import – Get an enterprise view of time and labor expenses regardless of what system is used. Import information from any internal, external or third party source for a complete picture of project costs without requiring users to learn a new system.
PowerSteering's product roadmap was recently validated in the “The Forrester Wave: Project Portfolio Management, Q4 2009,” which recognized PowerSteering as a Leader for managing both IT and Business-Driven portfolios. PowerSteering received the highest score for its advanced budget management, financials, forecasting, resource management, usability, and top-down investment planning functionality.
About PowerSteering Software:
PowerSteering Software is the leader in on-demand enterprise project & portfolio management (PPM) solutions for managing Information Technology, Product Development, Six Sigma and other enterprise initiatives. Its easy-to-use software provides executives at BP Solar, Clorox, Ingersoll Rand, Merck, the UK Highways Agency, United Airlines, the US Department of Defense and over 140 other customers with executive visibility, strategy alignment, and enhanced team productivity to drive strategy and accelerate results across the enterprise. For additional information, please visit http://www.powersteeringsoftware.com or call 1-866-390-9088.