We're honored to welcome these keynote speakers, representing the most innovative, forward-thinking visionaries in their fields, each with a clear message of what it takes to thrive in today's marketplace.
Los Angeles, CA (PRWEB) March 23, 2009
Promax|BDA, the leading global association for marketing, promotion and design professionals working in the entertainment industry, announced today five of the keynote speakers who will address the 2009 conference delegation taking place June 16-18 in New York, NY at the Hilton New York Hotel.
"Through these tumultuous times marketers are emerging as the true leaders driving success in the entertainment business," said Jonathan Block-Verk, President of Promax|BDA. "We're honored to welcome these keynote speakers, representing the most innovative, forward-thinking visionaries in their fields, each with a clear message of what it takes to thrive in today's marketplace."
This year's conference theme is "Leading the New Economy of Marketing and Design" and the timely agenda will help entertainment marketers worldwide who are being tested daily by challenging conditions including a slumping economy, the changing media landscape and shifting consumer habits. Each of this year's keynote speakers has shown leadership and attained success despite these difficult conditions, and attendees will learn from and be motivated by this array of accomplished executives.
Speakers will include:
- Jim Margolis, Obama Strategist and Senior Partner at political advocacy and advertising agency GMMB, will lead a session entitled "Obama for President: The Campaign that Changed Everything." Margolis will discuss the secrets behind the most important marketing initiative in recent history.
- Tom Kelly, General Manager of IDEO, the design firm that created the Apple mouse and countless other products, will discuss the crucial role that innovation plays in the marketing industry and how, even in an economic downturn, smart agencies invest in a culture of creativity.
- David Verklin, CEO Canoe Ventures, is creating the future of TV advertising. He will lead the session "Media is the New Creative," which will discuss the implications of media on the message it communicates and the evolving roles media play in creative execution.
- Randi Zuckerberg, Director of Market Development, Facebook, will address attendees on how new media and social networking is revolutionizing the field of marketing and how smart marketers use these new tools.
- Ralph Steadman, Illustrator and Creative Visionary, is perhaps best known for his collaborations with Hunter S. Thompson. He will engage the Promax|BDA audience in a spirited, intimate conversation called "Fear and Loathing in Creativity & Design," which will cover the significance of adventure in life, the pursuit of creativity and the art of embracing the unknown.
Additional conference sessions will include such topics as "Credit Crunch Creative," in which attendees will see unprecedented levels of creativity forced by the economic collapse. This year's most innovative spots were produced by necessity on a budget far less than what one would expect.
"CMO Summit" will gather a collection of some of television's most important advertising clients who will look at evolving needs of client-side marketers and what the television community must do to facilitate constructive and profitable partnerships. "Idea 3.0: Redefining Media and Creative in a Digital Age" will educate the audience as to where the marketing industry is heading as technology changes everyday life. Finally, attendees will learn the most innovative tricks to creating buzz in marketing, branding, design, technology and pop culture in the seminar, "Innovations for the Real World."
Additional sessions will include strategy workshops and instructional seminars for every stage of careers in graphic design, marketing and creative industries. Also, as it does every year, Promax|BDA will provide an exclusive look at the most compelling, innovative and eye-catching design work from around the world, covering advertising, promotion, gaming and film.
The 2009 Promax|BDA Design Awards which recognize creativity and excellence in design will take place on opening night this year, June 16, to kick off the conference with style. The 2009 Promax|BDA Promotion and Marketing Awards which recognize creativity and excellence in marketing and promotion will be celebrated on June 18, 2009. This year's conference will include a new honor, The Don LaFontaine Legacy Award, named in memory of one of the world's most famous voices.
For conference updates, speaker information and exclusive discounts and promotions, follow Promax|BDA on Twitter at twitter.com/promaxbdami6.
Promax|BDA is a global, non-profit association dedicated to being the leading resource for education, community, creative inspiration and career development for marketing, promotion and design professionals within the entertainment/information industry.