Red Bank, NJ (PRWEB) February 25, 2015
To celebrate the importance of Black History Month in February and Women’s History Month in March, LifeMoxie Mentoring & Leadership is connecting diversity and inclusion with good business.
“When your employees are as diverse in thought, experience, race, and gender as your customers, you can better serve your customers” states CEO and author Ann Tardy.
1. Customer service improves. Strong revenues depend on a diverse customer base but you can only retain those customers if they feel that you understand them. And that understanding manifests through the experience they have with your employees. Your employees need to be as diverse in thought, experience, race, and gender as your customers.
2. Retention of employees increases. When employees feel connected to and included in the culture and in their careers regardless of their race, gender, and ethnicity, they not only stay -- they will contribute to the success of your business.
3. Innovation increases. Tackling a problem without diversity stifles results. When everyone looks alike, thinks alike, works alike, and perceives the world alike, there is no room for fresh ideas, perspectives, and solutions. Different people generate different alternatives to solve problems and seize opportunities.
4. Effective collaboration fueled. When people with different experiences and perspectives come together, the status quo implodes. There is no room for “we have always done it this way.” Productivity increases when collaboration becomes effective.
5. Leaders lead better. Leaders who welcome the diversity of thought, experience, race, gender, and ethnicity are better able to develop and support teams that respond to and perform well in wide-ranging and unfamiliar situations. This team agility allows leaders to contribute to the success of your organization.
LifeMoxie Mentoring & Leadership partners with organizations to invest in strong people, strong culture, and strong revenue. Ann Tardy is the President and CEO of LifeMoxie, the founder of The Mentoring Council, and the author of many books, including Why Mentoring Matters – How Smart Leaders Mobilize Relentless Leadership. She is a leading expert and speaker on leadership and mentoring.
For more information on this campaign, follow LifeMoxie by clicking on one of our social media buttons (right hand side of article).