Re-COUPON is the marketplace users can sell and buy coupons from Groupon related services.
Pacific Palisades, CA (PRWEB) October 22, 2010
The marketplace to recycle GROUPON related coupons, called Re-COUPON has released for the US market from Japan.
ALOBE Ltd. (Head Office: Osaka, Japan, CEO: SangYun Shin) launched the marketplace website called Re-COUPON, http://www.re-coupon.net. This site allows users to sell and buy coupons that they bought at daily deal sites like GROUPON, living Social or other similar services.
GROUPON related coupons are discounted coupons that are at least 50% discounted, but usually more that users can purchase. And once the quota has been met the user receives the coupon.
This service was started by GROUPON which is based in Chicago, and this coupon market is growing rapidly all over the world.
Their marketing strategy utilizes the expanding trend of flash marketing.
As each coupon is only offered for a limited amount of time, buyers are more likely to purchase these coupons. The service is gaining popularity by word of mouth through social networking sites such as Twitter, Facebook etc.
Users are able to receive the discounts because of bulk buying principles, however because of the limited amount of time in which the coupon is offered, often time users find themselves having made a rushed purchase and having a coupon that they do not need and/or will not redeem before the coupon expires.
Therefore, ALOBE Ltd. launched Re-COUPON to support users who would like to sell coupons because of lack of opportunities for use, or cater to users who would like to buy coupons that are no longer listed as a result of being passed their listing time.
Re- COUPON can bring in wide range of merits for all stakeholders who related to the coupon markets.
After the primary market expands rapidly, usually a secondary market is demanded. Re-COUPON is aimed to be one of the marketplaces which can satisfy users’ expectations.
Merits for Users
- Users can maximize the effectiveness of discounted coupons.
- Users can sell the coupons when they have no opportunity to use them.
- Users can have opportunities to get coupons that they couldn’t buy from the primary market due to timing or other constraints.
Merits for businesses
- Businesses can advertise their services to many other individuals aside from just the original recipient of the coupon.
- Through Re-COUPON listed businesses will become known to users who may potentially utilize their services in the future.
Merits for publishers
- Consumers can buy the coupons worry-free since there is a secondary marketplace in which they can re-list and re-sell their coupons through Re-COUPON.
- Consumers will be more confident to buy coupons because of the secondary marketplace which in turn will drive repeat buyers.
- Users other than the original recipients of coupons will come to know the existence of publishers issuing coupons.
The way of selling
Re-COUPON uses an auction style for selling coupons.
Sellers can decide the price for auctions or if they want to finish deals immediately they can set the BUY OUT price.
Re-COUPON decided to use an auction style for the marketplace, because unlike a traditional fixed priced first come first serve style merchant, Re-COUPON allows all users to have a chance to bid for coupons that they like.
However, if sellers want to complete the deals without making the highest bid, they can use BUY OUT price option and therefore eliminating the need for bidding.
(This BUY OUT option can be the same style as a traditional fixed priced.)
Re-COUPON is currently in BETA testing hence users can use Re-COUPON for free without any additional costs.
ALOBE Ltd is a company located in Japan, ALOBE launched [Re-COUPON] for the Japanese market as the first company of its kind for this service.
At this time, for its second market, ALOBE has launched [Re-COUPON] for the US market.
Company name: ALOBE Ltd.
Headquarter: 531-0071 Nakatsu 1-18-18 Wakasugi bldg. 9F, Kita-ku, Osaka-city, Osaka, Japan
Person in Charge: SangYun Shin
# # #