(PRWEB) November 07, 2011
PublicRecordFinder.com realizes that in this technological era it is important to acknowledge that parents, teachers and schools are being faced with the problem of cyberbullying among kids for the first time. Bullying is nothing new, but with the internet providing opportunity for virtual communication between kids there are more children that fall victim to this new type of bullying.
Computers have become a foundation in the classroom, but studies show that there is not enough instruction of safe and responsible internet use. States are beginning to investigate school authority to address cyberbullying, yet few policies have been put into place. Many schools approach the problem by putting blocks on social networking sites, but this does not teach children how to use these sites responsibly, or prevent them from harassing others at home.
Public Record Finder offers the following tips for parents to keep their children safe while online:
- Talk to kids about cyberbullying. It is important for them to understand that they can reach out for help if they are being harassed.
- Children and adults may have more than one profile on social sites. As a condition of using the internet ask that they share all online profiles.
- Monitor children’s online activity. Browse the computer history to see which sites they are visiting.
- To avoid the possibility of hiding a profile, ask children to show the most recent pictures they posted from their mobile phone to their Facebook profile after events or special occasions. Kids will post to their most active profile.
- Establish limits for online use. Limiting their usage of the internet offers less possibility that they will be vulnerable to cyberbullying.
Parents cannot depend on schools to teach about cyber safety. If children are learning about internet safety at school, parents should sit down with their children and ask them to tell everything they have learned. This is an opportunity to start the discussion and bridge the gap and fill in any knowledge the schools are neglecting to share. If children are having troubles with harassment, be sure to use PublicRecordFinder.com as a resource to find information about the cyberbully. PublicRecordFinder.com is a valuable source to research information such as phone numbers and emails in order to discover who the bully might be. The best way to handle a bully is to take the discussion offline and talk to the parents of the harassing child.
PublicRecordFinder.com offers the tools to make this connection possible. Remember, the most effective defense is having an open dialog with children. This provides the support they will need should a problem like this come up.
PublicRecordFinder.com is a top rated public records resource for worldwide searches. PublicRecordFinder.com simplifies the search process by accessing hundreds of public record sources. PublicRecordFinder.com’s organized reports provides access for a fee to an instant report that can include date of birth, address, marriage/divorce records and more