Melbourne, Australia (PRWEB) July 06, 2011
Australia’s Industry Leaders Unite; Develop Comprehensive Innovation Management Training
For advanced manufacturing companies, innovation management is the key to sustained growth and profit. However, for as much money and effort that is spent on research, Australia’s manufacturing firms are behind leading OECD countries in rates of innovation output. This ‘innovation frustration’ is one of the biggest obstacles to growth and one of the toughest to overcome.
In order to catapult Australia’s manufacturing industry into the leaders quadrant, some of the country’s top experts in industry and research have recently come together to form an innovation training like no other. Dubbed ‘Innovativity’, the training was designed and developed by the Advanced Manufacturing Co-Operative Research Centre (AMCRC) and focuses on the full spectrum of innovation management, from research and development to execution effectiveness and commercial outcomes.
“We give our clients the innovation skills they need to stay ahead of the competition,” said Dr. Steven Trpkovski, Innovativity Program Leader. “We teach the specific skills they need in order to consistently generate business-changing technology, powerful ideas and other innovative solutions,” he concluded.
First Innovativity Training Launched In June With Great Success
On June 08, 2011, Innovativity launched its inaugural training in Melbourne, hosting over 15 business leaders from manufacturing startups and multinationals from across the continent. The Innovativity program is designed and delivered by some of Australia’s leading innovation specialists at the Advanced Manufacturing Co-operative Research Centre (AMCRC). The program equips Australian manufacturers with applied skills, tools and resources to expertly: pre-empt markets; foster, protect and license ideas and know-how; source funding; and execute timely, profitable innovation strategies.
Innovativity Training Is Both Comprehensive And Intensive
Over the course of 4 days, Innovativity brings together leading experts from the advanced manufacturing and intellectual property fields to teach attendees what works and what doesn’t in the following areas:
1. Idea Management: More effective ways to generate, capture, evaluate and test new ideas
2. IP Strategies: A structured process to develop and protect intellectual property
3. Product Design: A method to systematically bring product ideas to tangible fruition
4. Licensing Strategies: When to license; in licensing; out licensing; sub licensing
5. Sales/Marketing Strategies: How to research/identify market gaps, how to test markets and enter markets
6. External funding: Debt vs equity. How to source public and private funding e.g. grants, venture capital, private investment, banks
7. Skills: How to source talented expertise at low cost
8. Business planning: How to develop high growth business models and effective plans
9. Exit strategies: How to plan for and execute profitable exit strategies e.g. IPO, trade sale
About the AMCRC: The Advanced Manufacturing CRC is part of the Cooperative Research Centres Program. We co-invest with industry and public sector research organisations to promote intellectual property commercialisation in the Australian Advanced Manufacturing sector.
To Learn More About the Innovativity Innovation Management Training Program, Visit: http://innovativity.com.au/