West Palm Beach, Florida (PRWEB) October 13, 2012
Florida authorities are attributing an astounding multi-car crash to heavy rain and driver error said NBC4 (10/5//12). The crash involved 47 cars and occurred on Interstate 75 between Sarasota and Manatee Counties. After the accident, 52 people were transported to hospitals. Driving in Florida means understanding how to drive in rain, lots of rain, said injury lawyer Michael S. Steinger of Steinger, Iscoe & Greene.
Among the contributing factors to the accident were motorists traveling too fast given the weather, reported NBC4.
“When roads are wet and visibility is lower, motorists can more easily lose control of their vehicles,” said injury lawyer Michael S. Steinger, a founding partner of Steinger, Iscoe & Greene.
Of the 52 people injured, two were critically injured and there were no fatalities, reported NBC4.
In 2010, there were 235,461 crashes in Florida, according to the Florida Department of Highway Safety and Motor Vehicles. Under wet conditions there were 17,138 injury crashes and 245 fatal crashes reported.
Injury lawyer Steinger offers some useful safety tips to avoid an auto accident while driving in the rain:
1. Drive slowly when the road is wet. Driving too fast is one of the top causes of accidents on rainy days.
2. Allow for more travel time so there is less of a compulsion to rush.
3. Keep a safe distance between your vehicle and the ones around you.
4. Don't follow large trucks or busses too closely. Their large tires can create a spray that reduces visibility for the drivers around them.
5. Stay alert. Watch out for brake lights in front of you.
6. Brake with less force or avoid using your brakes by taking your foot off the accelerator to slow down.
7. Turn on the headlights. They will help you see the road and help other drivers see you.
8. Make sure your vehicle is ready to handle the rain. Your wiper blades and headlights should be in working order.
Injury attorneys at Steinger, Iscoe & Greene represent clients who have been seriously hurt in an auto accident. Contact an experienced injury lawyer at 1-800-560-5059
About Steinger, Iscoe & Greene:
Steinger, Iscoe & Greene is a proven legal team whose number one goal is to get South Florida injury victims every dollar they truly deserve. Since 1997, the firm’s lawyers have successfully handled cases that have included: auto accidents, bicycle accidents, birth injuries and medical malpractice. The entire legal team is committed to representing and fighting for injury victims’ best interests, giving each client insight into Florida law and their rights.
Steinger, Iscoe & Greene is staffed with more than 26 lawyers and 120 legal professionals. Offices are located in Fort Lauderdale, Miami, Okeechobee, Port St. Lucie and West Palm Beach. Steinger, Iscoe & Greene also offers the No Fee Guarantee®, which means “you don’t owe us any money unless we get money for you.”