(PRWEB UK) 26 October 2012
Coventry Building Society is delighted to announce the return of its popular Poppy Bond, which has helped to raise nearly £7 million for The Royal British Legion since it was first launched in 2008.
Poppy Bond (11), available from Friday 26th October, is a fixed rate savings bond paying a market-leading rate of 3.25% (AER*/gross pa) until 31st December 2014. In addition the Coventry will make a donation to the Poppy Appeal of 0.05% of the total funds invested in this Poppy Bond.
Chris Simpkins, Director General of The Royal British Legion said: “This fantastic partnership continues to deliver greatly needed help to serving and ex-serving members of Britain’s Armed Forces and their families. Thanks to the support of the Coventry nearly £7 million has been raised for the Poppy Appeal since 2008. This is an extraordinary amount and is helping to fund numerous projects including our rehabilitation centres for injured servicemen and women.”
Colin Franklin, Sales and Marketing Director at the Coventry added: “Poppy Bond has proved to be a winning combination since its launch in 2008. Savers can once again help us to support The Royal British Legion while also receiving an excellent rate of interest. The work of The Royal British Legion continues to be as important and relevant as it has ever been and we are hoping this new Poppy Bond will lead to another fantastic donation. I would urge savers to act quickly to take advantage of this great account.”
The Royal British Legion provides financial, social and emotional support to millions who have served and are currently serving in the Armed Forces, as well as their dependants. Currently, nearly 10 million people are eligible for this support and the Legion receive thousands of calls for help every year. The Poppy Bond has been designed specifically to assist this much valued work.
The Poppy Bond (11) will only be available for a limited period so savers need to act now. Customers can apply for the Poppy Bond (11) by calling the Customer Service Centre on 0845 7665522, visiting any branch of the Coventry or at http://www.thecoventry.co.uk
Notes to Editors
Information correct at time of going to press 25.10.2012
Poppy Bond (11) – Key Features
- Poppy Bond (11) can be operated by telephone and online.
- Interest rate of 3.25% (AER*/gross pa) fixed until 31st December 2014
- Interest can be paid to the customer annually or monthly (Monthly rate 3.25% AER*, 3.20% gross p.a.,)
- Minimum balance £1; maximum £250,000.
- Minimum age 18 years.
- No access to funds or closure during the term of the bond.
- The donation to the Poppy Appeal will be calculated one month after the Poppy Bond is withdrawn from sale and will be equal to 0.05% of the total amount of funds held in this account.
- * AER stands for Annual Equivalent Rate and illustrates what the rate would be if interest was paid and added each year.
- Coventry Building Society is the third largest building society in the UK with assets exceeding £25.9 billion.
- The Customer Service Centre is open Monday to Friday 8am – 8pm, Saturday 9am – 5pm and Sunday 10am – 4pm. Telephone self-service is available 24 hours a day, 365 days a year. Call costs may vary, please contact the service provider for details of call charges. To maintain a quality service, calls made to and from the Society may be monitored and recorded.
Royal British Legion
- Registered charity number: 219279
- Further information about the Royal British Legion can be obtained by visiting http://www.britishlegion.org.uk or contact 020 3465 9157