Santa Monica, CA (PRWEB) October 05, 2012
People often ask "What's in a SSAE 16 Report" as they find their organization is about to engage with a CPA firm to have an actual SSAE 16 Type 1 or Type 2 assessment conducted. Additionally, there seems to be general confusion at times as to what are the actual contents of the increasingly well-known assessment that's being conducted on many of today's growing and ever changing service organizations, such as data centers, Software as a Server (SaaS) entities and other notable businesses. With that said, NDB Accountants' white paper titled "SSAE 16 Report | Understanding the Content of Type 1 and Type 2 Reports" seeks to clearly explain the essential subject matter contained within these CPA issued assessments.
Let's take a look at some of the more notable items included within an actual SSAE 16 Report.
1. Administrative Items: This is primarily the cover sheet and other general administrative documents.
2. CPA Opinion Letter. Known collectively by a number of other terms, the "opinion letter" is a vital component of any SSAE 16 report.
3. Written Statement of Assertion by Management. An important document whereby management of the service organization must effectively "assert" to a number clauses and provisions specific to the SSAE 16 standard.
4. Description of the "system". The largest, and often - most confusing and misleading section of an SSAE 16 report. Thus, it's vitally important to really understand what the description of the "system" actually is and what it includes.
5. Results of Testing. For SSAE 16 Type 2 reporting, you'll often see a test matrix detailing the tests of controls, such as what the actual control objectives are, the related controls, test procedures, and results of testing. Remember, this is only for SSAE 16 Type 2 reporting.
6. Additional Information provided by the Service Organization. A section that has garnered more and more attention within recent years.
NDB Accountants - A nationally recognized PCAOB CPA firm specializing in SOC reporting.
Contact Christopher G. Nickell at 1-800-277-5415, ext. 706 to learn more about our competitive, fixed fee rates for SSAE 16 Type 1 and Type 2 reporting.