(PRWEB) October 05, 2012
In passenger car sales, Hyundai ranked third for the month with 6,213 vehicles sold and a market share of 12.6%, an increase of +13.2% from 5,484 vehicles sold in the same period last year.
September saw Veloster leading the Sports segment for an eighth consecutive month since launch, while the ix35 was placed first in the Small SUV category. Both New Generation i30 and iLoad placed second in their respective categories, while iMax finished third in the People Movers segment.
“Once again Veloster led the prestigious Sports car segment, and we are delighted to see ix35 achieve a first place in the very competitive Small SUV category. ” said Damien Meredith, Director of Sales, Hyundai Motor Company Australia. “In all, this is a great result for Hyundai as we enter the final sales quarter for the year.”
In the U.S., Hyundai Motor America (HMA) announced an all-time September sales record of 60,025 cars sold achieving a +15% increase, and a 25th consecutive year-on-year monthly sales increase.
Hyundai Motor Company recorded a September 2012 global sales result of 371,743 units compared to 359,447 sales, an increase of +3.4% for the same period 2011.
Hyundai’s Australian highlights include:
- Veloster ranked first in the Sports segment, posting a sales result of 328 units and a 19.6% segment share.
- ix35 ranked first in the SUV Small segment achieving 935 vehicle sales and a segment share of 18.8%.
- i30 ranked second best-selling Small car, posting a sales result of 3,144 units and a 13.9% segment share.
- iLoad ranked second in the Van/CC 2.5-3.5t segment, achieving 292 vehicle sales and a segment share of 21.9%.
- Elantra and i30 combined to place second in the Small car segment, with total sales of 3,739 and a combined segment share of 16.6%.
- Accent and i20 combined to place third in the Light car segment, with total sales of 1,455 and a combined segment share of 12.9%.
- iMax ranked third among People Movers, posting a sales result of 149 units and a 16.3% segment share.