South Norwalk, CT (PRWEB) October 11, 2012
According to event booking service GigMasters.com, sexy costumes, elaborate parties and live entertainment are the trends for Halloween 2012. The popularity of throwing Halloween parties is on the rise despite the overarching sentiment of a weak election year economy. In fact, bookings for Halloween party entertainment are up a whopping 85% from 2008, steadily increasing each year. GigMasters’ data also revealed some interesting trends in Halloween party planning. Here are the highlights from the report, noting the most interesting Halloween party trends:
1. 75% of people say they lean toward their costume being more sexy than scary. In many cases, classic costume choices like witch, devil and zombie are being “revamped” with a sexy twist.
2. 64% of party hosts include a costume contest in their Halloween event. Surprisingly, “sexy” is not a common costume contest category; scariest, best all-around, most original and funniest are the top contest category choices.
3. Halloween isn’t just for the kids anymore – 47% of hosts hold adult-only events, while 43% invite a combination of adults and children. 10% of hosts plan a Halloween party just for the kiddies.
4. DJ’s, fortune tellers and magicians are the top 3 most booked Halloween entertainers. On average, people spend $419 on live Halloween entertainment, up 27% from 2011.
5. Over 50% of people say they plan their Halloween costume months in advance and spend over $50 for their costume. 15% of people say they have no budget and will spend whatever it costs!
“Halloween isn’t just about kiddie parties and trick-or-treating. The holiday has evolved into a reason for adults to get dressed up and party,” says Nicole Steeger, Marketing Manager for GigMasters. “Costumes and parties have become more about the glam and less about the gore.”
GigMasters' report comes from an analysis of Halloween parties planned in 2011 and 2012 along with a recent survey of clients who used GigMasters to search for Halloween entertainment. For the complete report, visit our Life of the Party blog.
GigMasters regularly provides local and national data sheets on holiday, wedding and other entertaining trends to newspapers, bloggers and other media outlets.
GigMasters is the number one event booking service, guiding party planners and hosts to the right entertainment and vendors for every event. By combining the efficiency of the web with the personal touch of a private event planner, GigMasters has helped facilitate more than 170,000 bookings. With the Internet's largest nationwide database of client-rated vendors and entertainers, GigMasters boasts 10,000+ members including live bands, DJs, wedding musicians, event photographers, celebrity impersonators, balloon twisters, stand-up comedians, jazz trios, photo booths, string quartets, soloists and more. The site, founded in 1997 by Kevin Kinyon and Michael Caldwell, attracts over 30,000 daily visits throughout North America. GigMasters is a proud member of the Better Business Bureau, TRUSTe, and is also a DigiCert secured website. For more information, please visit http://www.gigmasters.com.