Turbo Milling Process Chain Event Showcases 5 Axis Milling Technology
INIRAM Precision, a New England based importer and distributor of 5 axis milling machine tools and support products, will be hosting a special event entitled “Turbo Milling Process Chain” on December 5-6.
Peabody, Massachusetts (PRWEB) November 08, 2012
Turbo Milling Process Chain will include three turbo machining technical workshops as follows:
- Workshop 1: Single Blade Milling Process — This workshop will include machining an Inconel 603 blade for the steam industry and a titanium fan blade for the aviation industry on the Hamuel HTSM1000 machining center.
- Workshop 2: Innovative Technology for Fir Tree Milling — This workshop will present trochoidal milling technology as an alternative to broaching. Trochoidal milling of a complex fan disk will be performed on the Hermle C60 Machining center utilizing patented technology from IRUBA, a German provider of engineered solutions.
- Workshop 3: Optimizing the Blisk Machining Process — Blisk machining will be performed on the Hermle C60 to machine a workpiece with a diameter of 750mm, a height of 220mm and a blade length of 140mm.
Manufacturers from the entire turbo machinery process chain will be represented including machining centers, tooling, work-holding and software. 5 Axis machining experts will be available to discuss 5 axis machining challenges and applications with event attendees.
Participating manufacturers from Germany include:
- Hermle Machine Company — Manufacturer of 5 axis and mill-turn machining centers
- Hamuel Reichenbacher — Manufacturer of turn milling centers for turbine blades
- OPEN MIND Technologies — Developers of hyperMILL 5 axis software
- Coolclean Technologies — Provider of precision cleaning, machine coolant, and CO2 extraction solutions utilizing recycled CO2.
- IRUBA Innovations — a provider of turbo tooling and engineered solutions for aviation and energy applications.
INIRAM Precision is an importer and distributor of 5 axis milling machine tools and support products for Northeast America. Based in Peabody, Massachusetts, INIRAM has a 5 axis technology center in house with several machine tools available for demonstrations. For more information, call 978-854-3037 or visit the company’s website at http://www.iniram.com.