Getting our consciousness to turn inward and making our decisions based on what’s within us, rather than on what the outer world is telling us to do, is a practice we all can learn.
Tahoe City, Calif. (PRWEB) November 21, 2012
In “Mastering the Power of Life,” former medical doctor Christian Michael Steele shows how to find inner peace and empowerment, even amid the constant demands of work, home, family, friends, health and who knows what else. And his method does not require a spiritual guru or an involved self-help program that demands time away from one’s other responsibilities.
Steele wisdom is based on his own experience in finding his center and truly beginning to heal.
“Just because the world around us is moving very quickly doesn’t mean that we have to,” Dr. Steele says. “Getting our consciousness to turn inward and making our decisions based on what’s within us, rather than on what the outer world is telling us to do, is a practice we all can learn.”
Readers do not have to already have achieved some sort of growth or understanding before they can come to “Mastering the Power of Life.” The book is designed to help readers at wherever their starting point is, then offer support and guidance through their journey.
“In general, people are either stronger in their mind or in their emotions. Eventually we can learn how to balance both, but until then, it is best to be who you are, recognize it as a strength, and uplift the other aspects of you, rather than just focus on the weaker parts,” Dr. Steele says.
Who can benefit from “Mastering the Power of Life”:
- Someone who feels a lot of anxiety and worry, whose childhood probably wasn’t full of unconditional love and acceptance.
- Those who are attached to particular roles or identities in their life, such as businessman or caregiver, and feel uncomfortable taking these roles into other arenas where they just don’t fit.
- Parents who seek to raise self-confident, empowered children by being good role models and empowered individuals themselves.
- Anyone seeking to correct deficiencies they perceive in their lives.
- Individuals who have suffered abuse or are fighting a battle and seek guidance and support.
- Medical professionals who, like Dr. Steele, are discontented with the healing they are able to do.
“Listening to our inner selves is the beginning of self-mastery,” Dr. Steele says. “Mastering the Power of Life” shows how to listen well and learn from what you hear.”
Available online at Amazon, Barnes & Noble, and Balboa Press. Also available on the App Store.
Christian Michael Steele, MD, earned degrees in chemistry, physics, medicine and thoracic anesthesiology at Furman University, Greenville, S.C.; Thomas Jefferson Medical School, Philadelphia; and University of Texas, Galveston. He is married with five children and enjoys meditation, writing, painting, snow skiing, swimming, dirt biking, hiking and camping. He lives in Tahoe City, Calif.