Marseille, France (PRWEB) November 15, 2012
The 9th International Mobile Gaming Awards (IMGA) are asking developers and studios across the world are to submit their games for these prestigious awards.
Since 2004, the IMGA has become the most prestigious international competition for mobile games. For the past 8 years, the competition awarded the most talented game developers for the most innovative mobile games, whether they are made for iPhone, Android, Windows, Blackberry, Bada, HTML5 or feature phones; whether they are made by a top 10 developer or a start-up studio; whether the developers came from Spain or Singapore, Malaysia or Mexico, Brazil or Belgium.
This year marks a big step for the 9th IMGA as a few significant changes are made to enhance the quality of the entries:
- No categories will be defined for the entries; participants will instead specify their own category
- The Judges’ Honorable Mention will replace the Operator’s Choice Award
- 6 additional prizes will be determined by the jury
- The denomination of these prizes will be announced at the same time as the nominations on January 24, 2013
- Platinum-level sponsor Pro Sieben Sat 1 will award one million Euro in media exposure to the winners
Since 2004, the IMGA Awards Ceremony has been held at the Mobile World Congress in Barcelona. However, the exact location of the 9th IMGA has not been confirmed yet.
Traditionally, the Awards are held in conjunction with the one day IMGA Summit consisting of a keynote, panels of leading experts in mobile games and pitching sessions. The Summit and Awards are traditionally attended by leaders in the mobile gaming industry as well as top international developers and studios.
Developers can submit their game online at http://www.imgawards.com and compete in an international arena with top studios and individual developers from all over the world. Games must have been published after January 1, 2012, or currently be in development.
The 9th IMGA Timeline
October 4, 2012 Entries open
January 14, 013 Entries closed
January 25, 2013 Nominees announced
February 28, 2013 Awards Ceremony, winners announced (TBC)