iLumi offers users complete flexibility and control over their lighting, and the company’s HyperLux(TM) LED technology allows for the brightest and most efficient multicolor light in its class.
Dallas, TX (PRWEB) November 29, 2012
iLumi Solutions, a new company at the convergence of mobility and LED lighting technology, today announced its intelligent, customizable and energy-efficient series of Bluetooth-enabled LED light bulbs, iLumiTM, which are controlled wirelessly from a mobile app for iOS and Android. iLumi offers users complete flexibility and control over their lighting, and the company’s HyperLuxTM LED technology allows for the brightest and most efficient multicolor light in its class. iLumi is redefining everyday lighting possibilities for a customized user experience.
“iLumi is as easy as screwing in a light bulb and downloading an app. We are giving people mastery over their lighting without the complexities and limitations of other specialty lighting and lighting control systems,” said Corey Egan, co-founder and CEO, iLumi Solutions. “We anticipate people will love what they can do with iLumi and, at the same time, enjoy the energy savings that come along with it.”
Bluetooth Classic and Bluetooth Low Energy (Bluetooth 4.0) are inside every iLumi, as well as a processor, memory and real-time clock, giving users the ability to adjust, customize, program and schedule one or multiple iLumis. Control options range from fun to functional, such as having your lights slowly turn on in the morning with your alarm, to unique proximity lighting where iLumis can tell you’re close by and turn on and off as you move within range, to synchronizing your lighting to music. As well, users can utilize their classic light switches to turn on pre-set color and brightness settings, and iLumi supports multiple mobile devices so everyone in the family can control them. With up to a 20-year life span, iLumi pays for itself many times over in energy savings with best-in-class LED efficiency, along with programming and automation functionality.
Additional features and capabilities include:
- Millions of color and brightness combinations – With HyperLux LED technology, the options are endless for variations of bright white and rich color light, and every selection is fully dimmable.
- Automation to fit your schedule – iLumis can turn on or off, dim or brighten, or run programs at set dates and times based on your scheduling preferences.
- Proximity and geo-location recognition – iLumis can tell when you arrive and when you leave. They can follow you around the house, automatically turning on and off as they sense you are near or far.
- Dynamic atmospheres and effects – iLumis can synchronize to music, mimic an underwater world of rolling blue waves, or create amazing effects like light strobes, fire or flickering candlelight, and more.
- Lighting for information at a glance – iLumis can alert you to important information, from weather and temperature alerts, to incoming calls, emails and social media messages, to stock price movements and news alerts.
- Bluetooth benefits – iLumi set-up is a breeze, as there are no routers or master/slave dependencies. Bluetooth also consumes less energy and is more secure than a WiFi-based system, and enables iLumis to be entirely portable, needing only mains electric power.
- Lighting control system at a fraction of the cost – Multiple iLumis communicate with each other to create a dynamic wireless mesh network that supports up to 100 bulbs. Outfit a room or entire house, and the system can scale with you.
Egan and Co-Founder Swapnil Bora have been developing iLumi since 2010, having garnered numerous accolades along the way, such as the SXSW Eco Startup Showcase and Cleantech Open Accelerator & Competition semi-finals, as well as extensive patent applications including the HyperLux LED technology.
“We have seen great interest in the intelligent lighting control space, particularly around smart homes and energy efficiency; however, cost and complexity have limited broad adoption. iLumi has the potential to be disruptive, as their automation and lighting control capabilities are simple and scalable, and come at a more affordable price,” said Tom Kerber, director of home systems and energy management research, Parks Associates. “I look forward to seeing the progression of the company when they enter full-scale production.”
The iLumi light bulb series is offered in four versions with prices starting at $59: a larger 100 watt replacement bulb that consumes 15 watts and produces 1,100 lumens, and a smaller 60 watt replacement bulb that consumes eight watts and produces 650 lumens. Both sizes are available in either a full spectrum option, tunable to both white and color hues, and a white spectrum option, tunable to variations of white hues. The company has produced fully working prototypes, and is weeks away from the finalized form factor.
Today, people are invited to support iLumi via an Indiegogo campaign to help propel iLumi to mass production. Indiegogo backers will be the first to receive iLumi bulbs in spring 2013. Delivery dates are based on three first-come-first-serve delivery tiers of limited availability.
About iLumi Solutions
iLumi Solutions is a company at the convergence of mobility and LED lighting technology providing intelligent, simple and innovative wirelessly controlled lighting. Based out of the Gravity Center in Dallas, Texas, iLumi Solutions’ mission is to improve how people interact and control lighting by creating novel and engaging lighting experiences.