EDW will have something for everyone, but the major themes for the conference this year are Big Data, Data Governance, New Database Technologies and Agile Data Management.
Los Angeles, CA (PRWEB) November 30, 2012
DATAVERSITY™ and DAMA International announced the agenda and opening of registration for their 2013 Enterprise Data World Conference (EDW). EDW is the business world’s most comprehensive vendor-neutral educational event about data and information management. The event will be held at the Sheraton Hotel and Marina in San Diego, CA April 28-May 2, 2013.
Over five days, EDW presents a diverse schedule of programming that addresses every level of proficiency, including keynotes, workshops, tutorials, case studies, and discussions. In addition, attendees can take advantage of two days of exhibits offering up-to-date solutions to the pressing data challenges from over 30 of the premier companies in the field.
“EDW will have something for everyone, but the major themes for the conference this year are Big Data, Data Governance, New Database Technologies and Agile Data Management,” Tony Shaw, CEO & Founder of DATAVERSITY™ said. “The educational program for Enterprise Data World is packed with case studies from these organizations willing to share their methods for success.”
Just a sample of the confirmed practitioners who will speak are:
- Bank of America - Sheila Jeffrey, Senior Information Architect - SVP
- Blue Cross Blue Shield - Jay Smith, Managing Director of Data Architecture
- Costco - Elizabeth Pickering, Data Architect
- General Dynamics - Bob Schork, Enterprise Data Architect
- HD Supply - Joy Medved, Sr. Data Governance Analyst
- Johnson County, Kansas - Paul Stewart, Manager of Data Administration
- Manulife Financial - Igor Ikonnikov, Information Architect
- Moneygram - Andrea Thomsen, Director, Enterprise Information Architecture
- Prime Therapeutics - Luminita Vollmer, Senior Data Architect
- Research in Motion, Corp. - Kendle Des Rosiers, Data Governance Manager
- Salesforce.com- Mehmet Orun, Director, Data Quality
- Sears Holdings - Susan Earley, Senior Data Architect
- Target - Mark Ouska, Enterprise MDM Data Architect
- UnitedHealth Group - Richard Howey, Senior IT Data Analytics Consultant
- Walgreens - Michael Jennings, Director, Data Governance - Enterprise Architecture
Now in its 17th year, the EDW curriculum is designed to address all the learning needs of business executives and IT professionals through tutorials and workshops, case studies, discussions and product demonstrations. The EDW program is also renowned as an early warning system for information industry innovations and emerging solutions.
The conference agenda is suitable for all levels of knowledge and experience. Foundational “How to” sessions will help those who are starting out in enterprise data management, while experienced practitioners will learn from advanced case studies and technical presentations.
Subject areas to be covered include:
- Data Governance & Stewardship
- Big Data
- Master data management (MDM)
- Data Architecture
- Enterprise Information Management
- Data Quality
- Unstructured Data
- Analytics & Business Intelligence
- NoSQL, Non-relational Databases and Hadoop
- Data & Application Integration
- Management & Methods
- Agile Data
Enterprise Data World is sponsored by some of the industry’s top companies including: Adaptive, Dell Boomi, Global IDs, CA ERwin, Data Advantage Group, Denodo, Meta Integration Technology, Sybase Power Designer, ASG Software Solutions, Collibra, Embarcadero Technologies, Inc., JJR Solutions, Melissa Data, Morgan Kaufmann, Spry, Cozyroc, Expert System, Orchestra Networks, Tableau Software, and Uniserv.
For sponsorship opportunities please contact Warwick Davies at Warwick(at)dataversity(dot)net.
To register for the conference and to see a full program schedule please visit: http://edw2013.dataversity.net
DATAVERSITY™ provides resources for information technology (IT) professionals, executives and business managers to learn about the uses and management of data. Our worldwide community of practitioners, advisers and customers participates in, and benefits from, DATAVERSITY’s educational conferences, discussions, articles, blogs, webinars, certification, news feeds and more. Members enjoy access to a deep knowledge base of presentations, research and training materials, plus discounts off many educational resources including webinars and conferences. For more information please visit: http://www.DATAVERSITY.net or email info(at)dataversity(dot)net.
About DAMA International:
DAMA International is governed by an Executive Board and an Advisory Board consisting of recognized leaders in the field of information management. DAMA produces an annual Symposium that is the premier event in the arena of Data and Information Management. DAMA annually honors individuals who have distinguished themselves in the area of data and information management with the DAMA Achievement Awards. For more information, please visit: http://www.dama.org.