Reroof America recommends consulting a professional roofing contractor for any roofing problems
Edmond, OK (PRWEB) November 30, 2012
In preparation for the winter and holiday season Reroof America Contractors, who installs thousands of roofs every year, knows how to make a quality roof instillation last. “Unfortunately many roof leaks are not due to poor workmanship, they can often be the result of negligence, poor maintenance, or sometimes by unfortunate acts by Mother Nature”, said Mark Lenzer, Vice President of Reroof America.
Reroof America Reviews the top five winter roof problems / precautions as:
1. Ice dams – Ice dams will happen over warm attic space near the outside wall of the house. If your house is not properly ventilated, and there is no ice and water shield installed, then a roof leak is likely. Most northern states have code requirements for ice and water shield at all the eaves. However, this is still a problem in southern states where there is periodic times with snow accumulation… and where ice and water shield is not required by code, so the extra roof protection is usually passed up by the property owner for a cheaper price.
2. . Failure to seal – Most roofing manufacturers will recommend that temperatures be at least 40 degrees Fahrenheit in order for asphalt shingles to seal. Roofs installed below that are at risk to blow of and of wind driven rain and ice to get underneath them. There is no shortcut here… the only thing that is capable of properly sealing asphalt shingles is the sun and warmer temperatures. Never attempt to artificially seal a roof as it may void the manufacturers warranty.
3. Snow shovels – Snow shovels are for the ground… not the roof. Sometimes we get requests to remove snow from roofs… it is our policy to decline… its too dangerous and can cause severe roof damage and more roof leaks.
4. Debris removal – During the fall… trees shed leaves and small branches fall. With wind storms, larger branches can also get blown on to roofs. Keeping a clear roof service is a matter of proper roof maintenance. Left unattended, debris and foreign objects on the roof can cause leaking or more severe roofing problems.
5. Christmas lights – Christmas lights fastened directly in to the roof’s surface is one of the most common mistakes home owners can make in reducing the life of their roof and allowing the potential for roof leaks.
Reroof America recommends consulting a professional roofing contractor for any roofing problems, as the problems may not be exactly what you think. Often times “do it yourselfers”’ cause more roof problems than they fix… but understandably with the right intentions.
About Reroof America
Reroof America Corporation is owned and managed by J.R. Emrich, President. The company’s began in the roofing industry in 1979. J.R. Emrich and his companies operate debt free and utilize multiple suppliers in several states. Bonding capability is up to 4 million dollars. The Dun and Bradstreet credit rating for the company is 1R2 and the D&B # is 83-696-7372.
Reroof America is based out of Edmond, OK, having completed over 60,000 roofs in over 16 states over the past 33 years.
Reroof America’s primary business is residential roof replacement; however several locations have commercial divisions, window divisions and offer other residential construction solutions. Reroof America is fully licensed and insured in all states within which it operates, and is a member of NRCA, BBB and multiple local and regional associations.
For Information About Reroof America Contractors, Reroof America Corporation, Reroof America Management, or Metro Roofing, contact Mark Lenzer at: 800-755-3530 or mlenzer(at)reroofamerica(dot)com or follow reroofamerica on facebook, twitter or Google+.