Austin, TX (PRWEB) December 10, 2012
December is upon us, and all around the country (and world), college applicants are putting the final touches on their applications and getting ready to hit submit. Or, to be more accurate, some college applicants are heading into the final stretches, while others are scrambling to think of their very first essay topic. From beginners to finishers, today JustStartApplications.com releases a Last Minute College Application Checklist to help all college applicants get where they need to go.
1. Application Form
- All questions, essays, and short answers on the Common Application or the targeted school’s forms have been completed.
- Hard copies have been made of all materials, or, if applying online, copied and pasted into a document so the applicant will have his or her work in the event of any technical errors in submitting the application.
- The final application has been signed.
- The full application fee has ben paid, or a waiver has been applied.
- Applicant grades have been sent to all targeted schools.
- Test scores have also been sent, including those for the ACT, SAT, and any AP and IB exams taken.
3. Financial Aid Forms Completed
- FAFSA has been completed and mailed in.
- If needed, the CSS/Financial Aid Profile has been completed and mailed in.
- Any state or institutional financial aid forms are done.
- The applicant has applied to local scholarship contests, as well as essay scholarship contests found online.
- The applicant has collected his or her recommendation letters and sent them in according to the targeted school’s instructions.
- Thank you letters have been sent to all recommenders.
5. Final Steps
- The applicant has completed all of these steps for every school to which he or she is applying.
- The applicant has confirmed with each school that all application materials have been received, either by checking the status of his or her application online or by calling admissions departments directly.
With these steps completed, the only thing left for a college applicant to do is sit back, relax, wait, and enjoy that winter break.
Founded in 2009, the mission of JustStartApplications.com is to help students applying to college, graduate, medical and law school tell the kind of authentic, compelling stories that will get them into the programs of their choice. Headquartered in Austin, TX, Just Start Applications operates entirely online through Skype and Google Docs, providing access to expert writers and admissions coaches to anyone in the world at the click of a button.