Predictable for Android delivers cutting edge features for people with communication disabilities, allowing them to have a voice
London, UK (PRWEB) December 18, 2012
TBoxApps®, a leader in augmentative and alternative communication (AAC) technologies, today announced the availability of Predictable, a text-to-speech application on the Android platform. Optimized for the Samsung Galaxy Tab on the Android platform, Predictable offers customizable AAC functionality, and easy access to participate in social media and email; ensuring people with communication needs are connected.
The release of Predictable for Android has been welcomed by experts in the field of AAC. Jeanne Tuthill Speech Language Pathologist and Assistive Technology Specialist, Collaborative for Educational Services in Massachusetts explains, “Predictable is a powerful AAC option that gives so many people a voice. Bringing this AAC app to the Android platform will give even more users a voice...and a choice! Individuals will now have a much wider range of choices when selecting the device/hardware for their AAC system and the Android platform will allow those with motor and physical limitations to choose from a broader range of access methods.”
Using word prediction technologies and mouse emulation access, Predictable meets the needs of a range of people with communication difficulties such as, but not limited to, speech and movement disabilities arising from Cerebral Palsy, MND/ALS and stroke. Available now from the Google Play App Store, £99.00 / $159.66 USD
Predictable, a text to speech communication assistance app, now on the Android platform brings the premium assistive and augmentative communication features and experience from its well-received iPhone and iPad application, priced so that a broad range of users can afford communication assistance applications marks two major mobile device platform solutions available from TBoxApps.
Predictable on the Android platform, is accessible via a range of joystick and mouse emulators, for increased accessibility for people with significant physical disabilities (limited mobility) and a mode where the whole screen of the tablet or smartphone acts as a switch, with on-screen scanning.
An intelligent word prediction engine developed specifically to learn from users vocabulary that becomes more tailored to the user’s own way of speaking and the vocabulary that is used each time. Predictable also saves frequently used phrases saving time and adding automatic personalization. Users can choose how to be heard with a selection of nine customizable voices male or female in US, UK and Australian English.
To increase socialization and a sense of community, Predictable includes an in-app social media component, which allows users to participate in popular social media applications such as Facebook and Twitter by updating a Facebook status directly from Predictable and sending Tweets without having to leave the app. Not only is popular social media participation possible but also communication via sending emails composed and sent directly from Predictable.
“The Android platform offers users with customization capabilities like no other platform, and we wanted to give those with communication needs the best possible experience,” said Rebecca Bright from TBoxApps.
Predictable is an exciting text-to-speech application for the Android platform, offers customizable AAC functions with the latest social media integration, setting a new benchmark for the Android platform. Using a word prediction engine and head mouse access, Predictable meets the needs of a wide range of AAC users, including those with MND / ALS, Cerebral Palsy and people with communication difficulties after a stroke or head injury.
Predictable on the Android Platform Features List:
- Sophisticated word prediction engine that learns your vocabulary to influence the prediction options
- Save your frequently used phrases in category folders
- Use with a head mouse or other mouse emulator, with built in dwell capability to eliminate the need for “clicking”.
- Use the whole screen as a Switch during “scanning” mode (“Touch Anywhere” mode)
- Choice of voices (including US English, British English, Australian English)
- View your recently used phrases in “History” view
- Update Facebook • Update Twitter
- Compose and send E-mails
- Add Emoticons to add laughter, crying or whistling to your message
- Choose to Publish option for 1:1 discrete conversations
- Adjust the pronunciation of the words to suit your needs/accent.
- Option of auditory feedback for all keys and buttons in Predictable, (this is useful for those who need audio confirmation e.g. visually impaired or those with dyslexia)
- Use the “Clear” button to delete the last letter, the last word or the entire message.
- Increase efficiency and mark favorites for quick access to prioritized phrases
- Easy copy and paste
- Alert bell – to get attention
- Abbreviation expansion
- First sophisticated AAC app for Android
- Optimized for Samsung Galaxy Tab on the Android platform