(PRWEB) July 23, 2012
Explore Tibet, a locally-owned Lhasa travel agency, currently offers cultural tours for travelers interested in discovering Tibet visa, Tibetan art, music, religion and history. “From the relics of the ancient dynasties to the color and liveliness of the annual Buddhist festivals, these tours will take travelers on a journey of discovery,” Explore Tibet. “The culture of Tibet is as unique as the landscape, and opportunities abound for the curious traveler.”
- 4-Day Lhasa Highlight Tibet Tour—This is a short and simple trip through the holy capital of Tibet. Travelers will tour the iconic Potala Palace, the ancient Jokhang Temple, the nearby Sera and Drepung monasteries and the Barkhor pilgrim circuit and market. In addition the city is filled with museums and cultural centers, Tibetan restaurants, world heritage sites and unique architecture. Travelers will have the opportunity to learn about Tibetan Buddhism.
- 5-Day Holy Lhasa Tour—This tour includes all the features of the 4-day trip, with an additional trip to holy Lake Namtso, located north of Lhasa in the nomadic grasslands. Travelers will spend a day exploring the lake, hiking, and visiting a nomadic family.
- 6-Day Cultural Excursion—This tour begins with the sights of Lhasa, then travelers will drive west to explore the cities of Gyantse and Shigatse. In Gyantse travelers will visit the famous Kumbum chorta, a large holy monument visited frequently by pilgrims. Shigatse is home of the Tashilhunpo Monastery, a large monastery that houses famous thangka paintings and other religious objects. Travelers will also visit Lake Yamdrok and view the Nyenchen Kangsar glacier.
- 8-Day Spiritual Journey—This journey begins with several days exploring the attractions of Lhasa. Travelers will also visit the remote Reting monastery and Tirdrum nunnery, which have many holy sites to explore. The tour continues on to a hot springs, and then follows in the footsteps of Tibetan pilgrims to the Drepung and Ganden monasteries, renowned for their beautiful location and historic significance.
- 10-Day Cultural and Spiritual Odyssey—This spiritual journey takes travelers to the most prominent monasteries around Lhasa, including the first Buddhist monastery in Tibet, and an ancient place in the Yarlung valley, which is also known as the cradle of Tibetan civilization.
Explore Tibet is a Tibetan-run travel agency focused on responsible tourism, Tibet permit and sustainable practice.