The Silent Killer
Orange, CA (PRWEB) January 08, 2013
As of July 1, 2011, California State Senate Bill 183 was signed into law, which requires all Landlords to install carbon- monoxide detectors in their single-family homes. This bill requires detectors in each home with an attached garage that burn fossil fuel.
A blocked flue on a wood-burning stove or fireplace is a source of carbon monoxide, as well as gas appliances, propane heaters, gas ranges, ovens and hot-water heaters. Senate Bill 183 was created to keep the public safe from carbon monoxide gas, which is often dubbed “the silent killer.”
The carbon monoxide detectors are required to be installed outside of each sleeping area or bedroom and on each level of a home. Only detectors certified and approved by the California State Fire Marshall may be installed