Self-storage can save small businesses a lot of money by giving them great flexibility with a comparatively low dollar commitment
Sarasota, Florida (PRWEB) January 02, 2013
Steve Wilson, managing partner of Hide-Away Storage in Sarasota, Florida, was recently asked to participate in a business forum to discuss ways in which entrepreneurs use self-storage to grow their business.
“Self-storage can save small businesses a lot of money by giving them great flexibility with a comparatively low dollar commitment,” said Mr. Wilson. He explained further, “There are no long-term leases with self-storage and the amount of space a business must pay for can be adjusted virtually on a daily basis. Most self-storage facilities also take deliveries. This saves time and money for businesses, since they don’t need to pay someone to wait around for a shipment of supplies or equipment to arrive. In addition, zoning regulations or the risk of theft often make it advantageous for small businesses to store vehicles and equipment in a self-storage unit.”
Below are some examples of how Hide-Away Storage helps small businesses in a variety of ways:
- A businessman who sells home theater and sound systems has been using Hide-Away Storage for about 12 years as his warehouse because he uses all of the space in his retail building as a showroom.
- An interior decorator uses one of Hide-Away’s large garage storage units to display carpet samples and other home décor items. She frequently has merchandise delivered to the storage facility before it is taken to the customer’s home.
- An office equipment company rented 10 storage spaces to store refurbished copiers for resale.
- Another Hide-Away Storage customer designs and builds custom bathrooms. He uses his storage unit as a showroom and then stores the product until it is ready to be delivered to the customer’s home.
- Medical sales representatives use Hide-Away Storage to accept shipments of samples and sales literature.
- Many small air conditioning companies store their supplies and equipment in Hide-Away Storage spaces while using their homes for office space.
- Most Hide-Away storage facilities have at least one or two customers who buy or sell through craigslist or eBay and store their inventory in a storage unit until it is sold.
- Zoning restrictions in many subdivisions limit what types of truck and trailers can be stored at home. Because of this, Hide-Away Storage has many commercial fisherman, lawn care companies, electricians, plumbers, and other service-oriented businesses who rent large storage units.
About Hide-Away Storage
Hide-Away Storage operates 10 traditional self-storage facilities and two Mobile Storage warehouses on the Southwest coast of Florida. The self storage facilities are located in St. Petersburg, Ellenton, Bradenton, Sarasota, Ft. Myers, and Naples, Florida. Hide-Away delivers portable storage units in Pinellas, Manatee, Sarasota, Lee and Collier Counties. The company also provides full-service moving of household goods. Hide-Away has approximately one million square feet of storage space, and is headquartered in Sarasota, Florida. The company was started in 1977 in Bradenton by Steve Wilson, who remains the managing partner.
For more information on Hide-Away’s storage services and pricing, visit: http://www.hideawaystorage.com
Contact: Hide-Away Storage
Hide-Away Storage Services
941-755-1166 ext. 1004