Washington, DC (PRWEB) January 07, 2013
Atlantic Information Services, publisher of AIS's Health Reform Week, Health Plan Week and Inside Health Insurance Exchanges, is pleased to announce a Jan. 16 webinar,“Wellness Regs Crash Course: How the New Reform Rules Will Power Wellness Incentive Programs.” Featuring three health industry leaders in a roundtable discussion, the webinar will address what newly proposed regulations that clarify the Affordable Care Act requirements for nondiscriminatory wellness programs mean for health plans, employers, providers, agents and brokers, and state health officials.
In 60 minutes of discussion, followed by a 30-minute question-and-answer session, panelists Chip Kerby, an attorney at Liberté Group, L.J. (Mac) McCarthy, president of McCarthy Actuarial Consulting, and Michelle Mudge-Riley, a physician, senior consultant and associate also with McCarthy, will offer answers to the following questions:
- Which wellness programs are subject to the new rules? Which ones aren’t?
- What are “health factors”? How should plans and issuers monitor compliance with specific health factors?
- What are the maximum incentives/penalties? How are the maximums determined when programs include a tobacco-cessation component?
- What are “reasonable alternative standards” and when must they be included as part of a wellness program?
- How is “tobacco use” defined? What methods can plans and issuers use to confirm tobacco use?
- What is the difference between participatory versus health-contingent wellness programs?
- What are the biggest changes to existing wellness programs required under the new rules?
- How do the new wellness regs mesh with other rules that affect wellness programs?
Visit http://aishealth.com/marketplace/c3m04_011613 for more information and registration details on “Wellness Regs Crash Course: How the New Reform Rules Will Power Wellness Incentive Programs.”
Atlantic Information Services, Inc. (AIS) is a publishing and information company that has been serving the health care industry for more than 25 years. It develops highly targeted news, data and strategic information for managers in hospitals, health plans, medical group practices, pharmaceutical companies and other health care organizations. AIS products include print and electronic newsletters, websites, looseleafs, books, strategic reports, databases, webinars and conferences. Learn more at http://www.AISHealth.com.