Round Rock, Texas (PRWEB) January 07, 2013
In recent surveys, a majority of “Got Rum?” readers asked (some even politely demanded!) for new content more frequently than once- a-month. Others expressed how it is important for them to be able to share articles they like on Facebook. The publishers listened attentively to all requests and evaluated what was practical and justifiable given the overall corporate priorities.
Here is a list of the enhancements that have been implemented already:
1. A diversity of Banner Advertising Options reserved exclusively for the rum industry.
2. A Facebook-Friendly Interface to “Like” individual articles, reviews or stories, without leaving “Got Rum?”.
3. Ability to post comments and/or questions on an article-by-article bases.
4. RSS Feeds: readers will no longer need to wait for an entire month before getting the rum information they want. Visitors will be able to sign up for only the RSS feeds they want (Book Reviews and Rum Labs, for example) and will be notified immediately when new content is posted in those sections.
5. Improved Subscription Service. Readers can sign up for weekly updates. That’s right: four times a month they will get a digest of everything happening in the rum world. This is a perfect source of fresh rum news. All current “Got Rum?” subscribers will automatically be registered for the weekly update notification. New users can register from the main page.
6. New Rum Event Calendar. Website visitors can now find out what is scheduled to happen in the industry month-by-month. They can learn about rum events taking place worldwide, they can even submit their own events.
7. Enhanced Site Search. Visitors will be able to search for articles by subject, keywords and even by author.
8. Picture Galleries and Much More!
And here are a few additional enhancements currently being evaluated:
1. Ability to share articles through LinkedIn.
2. Classified Ads system for posting rum jobs, production equipment and related services.
3. Multi-language interface and content.
4. Advertising options for mobile devices.
“Every few years we have to re-invent the manner in which we share information with our readers” says Luis Ayala, Editor and Publisher of “Got Rum?” Magazine. He adds “rum-making is a time-honored process, full of traditions. But how we share these traditions with people has to evolve to keep up with their changing habits.”
The website features the following regular Columns and special Features:
“Got Rum?” is a registered trademark by Rum Runner Press, Inc., its unauthorized use is strictly prohibited.
For additional information about “Got Rum?” Magazine or Rum Runner Press, Inc., please visit: