The owners of the Dr. Pepper StarCenter had the vision to clearly see the big picture in terms of cost and benefit. They decided to install the latest solar thermal energy tecnology in North America.
Dalas-Ft Worth, Texas (PRWEB) January 11, 2013
Together with Blackall Mechanical, Inc. Eco Smart Energy, LLC, a leading distributor of North America’s most efficient hot water systems engineered to unique customer specifications, has successfully installed an eco-friendly, cost saving Sun Equinox System at the Dallas Stars’ Dr. Pepper StarCenter in Valley Ranch, Texas.
The owners of the Dr. Pepper StarCenter had a looming -- but not uncommon – decision to make; one that is similarly faced by many facilities across North America: should they continue spending more and more money each year towards the upkeep and repair of an increasingly unreliable boiler, or should they invest in a new system and position themselves for decades of cost efficient, eco-friendly and reliable operation?
“In the current economic climate, many businesses make major infrastructure choices based entirely on initial cost, without considering the true cost of ownership over the life cycle of the equipment they are choosing to install,” commented John Blackall, the company’s CEO. “The owners of the Dr. Pepper StarCenter had the vision to clearly see the big picture in terms of cost and benefit, and commissioned us to install a 2-2-1 Sun Equinox hot water system – which represents the latest in solar thermal energy technology in North America.”
Among the reasons that convinced the Dr. Pepper StarCenter’s ownership to completely solve their hot water problem – instead of maintaining it for yet another year or years – included the following:
- Significantly reducing water heating bills
- Getting double the life of a conventional boiler
- Reducing carbon footprint and demonstrating eco-friendly leadership
- Taking advantage of available tax credits and depreciation opportunities
- Ending the cycle of spending tens of thousands of dollars a year to upkeep and maintain an outdated hot water system at the end of its operational life
- Benefiting from a system customized for their specific facility design and needs
- Reducing annual maintenance costs
- Eliminating the need to carry a State boiler permit
- Reducing General Liability insurance premiums and eliminating re-certification inspections (due to not having a boiler on the property)
- Eliminating repair costs associated with conventional boiler ownership
- Allowing on-site staff to easily maintain the system vs. having to call outside specialists
Once Sun Equinox completed the system design, it was verified by Eco Smart Energy, LLC and Blackall Mechanical. Eco Smart Energy, LLC then established the project scope and timeline, and presented the Dr. Pepper StarCenter’s ownership with an efficient and comprehensive turnkey solution, which included demolition of its old 985 MBTU boiler system.
Installation and commissioning of the new Sun Equinox System, which was handled by Blackall Mechanical, Inc.’s team of HVAC and Plumbing experts, took approximately one week. To date, the following results have been achieved:
- Elimination of repair costs
- Reduction in preventative maintenance costs
- Reduction in insurance premiums by elimination of a boiler policy
- 93% efficiency benchmark
- Reduced gas consumption
- 50% reduction in ownership costs over the next 20 years
“We exceeded our customer’s objective, which is a core value proposition of our company,” commented John Blackall of Eco Smart Energy, LLC. “We were able to replace the Dr. Pepper StarCenter’s entire system for only 25% more than it was going to cost them just to replace the hot water storage tank alone. Eco Smart Energy retrofitted the entire hot system with the Sun Equinox hot water system, which has double the life expectancy of the highest efficient conventional systems offered on the market today. Quite simply, we delivered our customer a premium hot water system, but without the premium price usually associated with Green Technology.”
To see photos of the Dr. Pepper StarCenter’s new Eco Smart Energy, LLC-installed 2-2-1 Sun Equinox System, visit the company’s photo gallery at http://ecosmartenergytx.com/photo-gallery/.
For more information or media inquiries, contact John Blackall or Rodney Thornton at 214-616-2685 or email rthornton(at)ecosmartenergytx(dot)com.
About Eco Smart Energy, LLC.
Eco Smart Energy, LLC is a distributor of Sun Equinox System: the most efficient hot water system available in North America. Each system is engineered to customer specifications, and applicable for every hot water application on the market. Sun Equinox Systems can be used as a pre-heat system for pools, spas, motel and hotel laundry rooms, or engineered to meet every hot water demand in a 600 room hotel. Typical savings range from 25% up to 60% reduction in Gas or electricity Bills. Sun Equinox Systems have been installed throughout the world, produce ample supplies of hot water, and substantially reduce operating and maintenance costs.
Learn more at http://ecosmartenergytx.com/.