Since being in Alexandria, she has completed hundreds of architectural paintings in Virginia as well as homes and buildings in historic areas of neighboring Washington, DC, and Maryland.
Alexandria, VA (PRWEB) January 22, 2013
Artist Leisa Collins has just launched a new online gallery of house portraits to promote the genre, that reflects the incredible diversity of American homes. The slide show featured in her House Portrait Gallery consists of 55 images that highlight the broad range of historical and regional styles that Leisa experienced through a transformative and unprecedented 12,000 mile painting tour across America.
No less than 14 different architectural styles are presented including:
- Adobe Spanish Bungalow - Phoenix, Arizona
- Georgian Colonial - East Berlin, Connecticut,
- Victorian Rowhouses - Georgetown, Washington DC
- Tudor - Des Moines, Iowa
- Colonial Revival - Bangor, Maine
- Folk Victorian - New Orleans, Louisiana
- Dutch Colonial - Annapolis, Maryland
- Craftsman Bungalow - Louisville, Kentucky
- Dutch Colonial Revival - Grand Rapids, Michigan
- Colonial Stone Cottage - Rural Montana
- Spanish Revival Bungalow - Reno, Nevada
- Bungalow Cottage - Asheville, North Carolina
- Colonial Farmhouse - Rural Oklahoma
- Craftsman - Portland, Oregon
Leisa currently has her studio in Old Town Alexandria, Virginia, which she has found to be inspirational for its many interesting historic homes. She served as a commissioner on the Alexandria Commission of the Arts and is involved in numerous local art, historic and volunteer associations. Leisa also formed a community based art nexus for local visual artists and spearheaded a number of successful public art projects.
Since being in Alexandria, she has completed hundreds of architectural paintings in Virginia as well as homes and buildings in historic areas of neighboring Washington, DC, and Maryland. She has held a number of solo shows of her large collection of house portraits and other works including landscapes and semi-abstract paintings.
A native of Auckland, New Zealand, Leisa embarked on her artistic career as a teenager. Early on, she abandoned the confines of formal art training, opting to learn her craft by traveling across New Zealand and capturing its rugged beauty on her canvas.
Further inquiries regarding Leisa and her love of architectural art and house portraiture may be directed to her website or by calling 703-598-7360.