Chicago, IL (PRWEB) January 22, 2013
The flu is raging rampant this year, and while your car can’t catch the flu, it can get run down during the cold winter months if not treated properly. With most of the country finally feeling the cold chill of winter, it’s a good time to make sure your car is ready to brave the elements. Gold Eagle® Co. (“Gold Eagle”), an industry pioneer of aftermarket fluids and additives and maker of STA-BIL®, HEET®, Start Your Engines!® and 303® Products, along with automotive specialist Mario Caponigro have teamed up to share health tips that will help protect, preserve and improve the performance of your car this winter.
“The weather has been pretty unpredictable this year, and you don’t want to get caught out in the cold winter elements unprepared,” said Marc Blackman, president and CEO of Gold Eagle. “Proper seasonal car care will help keep you, your loved ones and even your car healthier and safer during the winter months ahead.”
Seasonal elements can cause hazardous driving conditions, and to help stay safe and avoid unexpected repair costs, give some TLC to your vehicle. Expert ASE certified master technician, Mario Caponigro, and Gold Eagle Engine Answerman, Bobby Cleveland, share seven simple steps that anyone can do at home to keep themselves and car safe this winter, including:
1. Add Antifreeze in Freezing Temps- It’s important to try to keep as much moisture out of your fuel system as possible to avoid freezing. If the temperature falls below 32 degrees Fahrenheit, it is possible for fuel line freeze-up to occur. Freezing occurs when water vapor mixes with residual fuel in the line. Adding a fuel treatment like HEET to your fuel tank can help to remove water from the fuel system to prevent gas-line freeze-up and harmful rust and corrosion.
2. Clean the Coolant System- To help prevent rust and prolong the life of your car’s radiator and pumps, make sure to take care of your coolant system. A regular cleaning will help to prevent deterioration.
3. Replenish Vital Fluids- Just like you should drink plenty of fluids to stay healthy, your car needs its fluids checked periodically. Simple precautions like replenishing a vehicle’s vital fluids can keep your car running its best in the winter months, even when it sits.
4. Check the Battery- You don’t want to get stuck out in the cold, literally. If your car has been sitting in the cold, make sure the battery starts. Turn off all the lights and anything else that draws electricity before starting the car. And remember to run the car for a few minutes in extremely cold weather. If you think you have an issue with your battery, follow proper protocols for testing it. When in doubt, take it to an expert to determine the problem.
5. Replace Wiper Blades- While it may seem minor, windshield wipers are one of the most important tools to help keep you safe in inclement weather. Dirty and worn down wiper blades can succumb to ice and other abrasive elements, keeping you from clearly seeing the road. It’s a good idea to replace your blades every 6 to 12 months, and with so many advanced options available, they are more effective than ever.
6. Protect Vulnerable Surfaces- Whether it’s protecting the outside of your car from the harsh salt or the insides from the slush and dirty snow, clean open surfaces to help avoid rusting and deterioration. Products like 303® Fabric and Vinyl Cleaner and 303® Aerospace Protectant will help protect your car from the harsh winter elements, both inside and out.
7. Check Tire Treads & Air Pressure- Before hitting the road, check your tires both for wear and air. It’s important to make sure the treads on your tires are still in good shape, as they will help keep you on the road and make traveling through the winter elements safer. Balding tires can cause major issues including lost traction and even blow outs. You also want to check the air pressure of your tires. While you want them to be full, you don’t want them to be too full, or they could burst. Be sure to check your car manual to gauge the proper air pressure for your car’s tires.
About Gold Eagle Co.
For more than 80 years, Gold Eagle® Co. has been an industry pioneer in the production and distribution of aftermarket fluids and additives. We create products that help preserve, protect and enhance the performance of engines everywhere. We are a leader in the product development, manufacturing, marketing, and distribution of branded engine performance and maintenance chemicals. Privately held and headquartered in Chicago, Gold Eagle Co. is the manufacturer of leading brands, including STA-BIL® Fuel Stabilizer, HEET® Gas-Line Antifreeze, NO LEAK® Treatments, 104+® Octane Boost, Start Your Engines!®, DieselPower!® Diesel Additives, 303® Aerospace Protectant and 303® Fabric Guard. To view our complete line of Gold Eagle products or learn more about the Company, please visit goldeagle.com or “like” our Gold Eagle Co., STA-BIL, Start Your Engines! or Engine Answerman pages on Facebook. For product questions, please call us at 800-621-1251 or follow us on Twitter @GoldEagleHelp.
All trademarks, service marks and trade names, including STA-BIL®, HEET®, Start Your Engines! ®, NO LEAK®, ALUMASEAL®, Gold Eagle®, DieselPower! ®, Golden Touch®, 104+®, Cool Rides Online®, 303® Aerospace Protectant and 303® Fabric Guard used herein are trademarks or registered trademarks of Gold Eagle Co. The aforesaid families of related marks, images and symbols are the exclusive properties and trademarks of Gold Eagle Co. Any other product or company names mentioned herein are the trademarks of their respective owners.