Thailand Together Forever.
(PRWEB) February 02, 2013
In recent years, Thailand has become one of the world's most popular travel destinations for weddings and honeymoons. Many couples choose Thailand to tie the knot in a land renowned for its sense of grace and style, following customs and ceremonies with rich roots in Buddhist culture.
The kingdom’s spectacular range of secluded, all-inclusive resorts, boutique hotels and pool villas also are perfect for honeymoons. Here are some of the unique ceremonies on offer:
- Trang Underwater Wedding Ceremony, 13-15 February 2013, Trang Province: This Underwater Wedding Ceremony is widely recognised as one of the world’s most fascinating events. It has gained worldwide popularity as the first place in the world where a wedding ceremony was held under water. In 2000, the Guinness World Records recognised it as "The Largest Underwater Wedding Ceremony." The couples also included a number of disabled people, clearly showing that love knows no bounds. For further details, please check out http://www.underwaterwedding.com.
- Wedding Ceremony on Elephant-Back, 14 February 2013, Surin Province: Wedding Ceremony on Elephant-Back is held on St. Valentine’s Day at Elephant Study Center, Tha Tum District, Surin Province. The ceremony, known as "Sut Tae Ceremony", is the traditional wedding of the local tribe called "Kuai" which believes that it brings good fortune and prosperity to the couples. Even the marriage registration process takes place on elephant-back. Additionally, couples can experience and/or participate in accompanying activities such as Bai Si Su Khwan, a parade of a symbolic sum of money representing dowry, traditional drum performance and dancing. Contact details: TAT Surin office, tel: (66) 44514447.
-Wedding Ceremony in “Million Red Lotus” Sea, 12-14 February 2013, Udon Thani Province: Red Lotus in Kumphawadpi reserve in Udon Thani Province or “Ramsar Site wetland.” Located in Thailand’s Upper Northeast region, this wetlands area boasts a rich ecosystem full of numerous species of water plants and marine life. The local people around the Nong Han pond have a lifestyle that is line with the Sufficiency Economy of His Majesty the King. They all help to maintain the local ecosystem, making the Nong Han pond clean and pure. February is also the month in which good weather conditions are ideal for the local red lilies to bloom. A "tricycle parade” is provided for wedding couples to pay homage to the Buddha at various prominent temples in the city of Udon Thani. For further details, please contact TAT Udon Thani office, Tel: (66) 42325406-7.
“Thailand together Forever”
Bearing the theme of “Flowers and Love”, this activity is part of the “Thailand 2gether Forever” campaign targeted at wedding couples and honeymooners. This specific activity will provide them a fast-track entry via the Immigration Premium Lane at Suvarnabhumi Airport all through February 2013. For the first time, the privilege is also being extended to same-sex couples.
Newly wedded couples and honeymooning couples can register at any of the booths located before the Suvarnabhumi Airport immigration check-in counters. Couples arriving from the East side (Gate A, B and C) will find the booth located at the end of walking escalator before the immigration counter number 3. Tourists come from the West side (Gate E, F and G) will find the booth at the end of walking escalator before the immigration counter number 1.
After registration, the couples will get stickers, welcoming gifts and souvenirs (Sukjai dolls). Thereafter, they will be escorted into the immigration Premium Lane No. 2 where they will have to show the stickers to the Immigration officers.
Over the years, Thailand has won a number of awards recognising the many creative and unique opportunities to get married and/or enjoy a memorable honeymoon. These awards include:
1. The Most Popular Wedding Destination Award at the 8th Annual International Awards 2012 organised by Hospitality India and Explore the World magazines on 21 November 2012.
2. Earlier in 2012, Thailand won the Best Wedding Destination Award conferred by Travel & Leisure magazine.
3. In the January 2011 issue of Recommend magazine, Thailand was named by the travel agent community as the “Sexiest Romance Honeymoon Destination in Asia.”
International Public Relations Division
Tourism Authority of Thailand
Tel: +66 (0) 2250 5500 ext. 4545-48
Fax: +66 (0) 2253 7419
E-mail: prdiv3 (at) tat (dot) or.th