Whether induced by an accident or revealed over time, these top five malfunctions can cause a great amount of frustration when a user just wants their phone to be fully functional.
St. Louis, MO (PRWEB) February 06, 2013
Mobile Rhino (http://www.mobile-rhino.com), the first mobile device insurance program available through licensed insurance agents, released its list of the top five mechanical malfunctions that iPhone users most often experience. With data gathered from Mobile Rhino’s mobile device repair facility, Encore, the insurance provider explains the iPhone’s most common malfunctions and their likely causes.
“iPhones are no doubt impressive devices, but they’re not without flaws,” said Dwight Stuckey, creator of Mobile Rhino. “Whether induced by an accident or revealed over time, these top five malfunctions can cause a great amount of frustration when a user just wants their phone to be fully functional. Mobile Rhino’s ultimate commitment is to repair these malfunctions and get working devices back to our users within 24 hours.”
Repairing hundreds of iPhones daily, the Encore facility reports that the iPhone 4/4S is the iPhone model that is most frequently sent to the facility for repair. The following describes the most common malfunctions found on these devices:
1) Broken digitizer - The digitizer, or sensor on the iPhone screen that detects touch, is responsible for iPhone functions such as answering phone calls, pressing on-screen buttons, opening apps, and swiping/tapping. Unresponsive touches to the screen are likely caused by a broken digitizer, which encompasses a very thin, fragile cable on the inside of your phone and the touch sensors on the screen. The digitizer can break easily from a drop or introduction to liquid.
2) Home button - According to Encore and Mobile Rhino, a broken Home button can be caused by overuse or lodged substances that are blocking the button from being properly depressed.
3) Wifi - The Wifi connection, one of the core elements that makes the iPhone a smartphone, can experience several malfunctions, including trouble connecting to Wifi networks or issues syncing iTunes to the Wifi network. Though often thought to be an issue with the Wifi network itself, repeat occurrences are likely the result of a problem with the iPhone.
4) Audio jack - The audio jack is the core element that makes the iPhone not just a phone, but a portable music player. However, Encore frequently encounters audio jack malfunctions in iPhone devices, which are likely caused by liquid damage or drops.
5) Speaker - If the audio jack is working properly, iPhones can still experience audio malfunctions when it comes to the speaker. Faulty or malfunctioning speakers may be a result of liquid damage, dropping the phone, or simply an internal malfunction.
“Because accidents and internal malfunctions are hard to predict, we always advise consumers to be proactive against these inconveniences by protecting their phone with a full-coverage insurance plan,” said Stuckey. Mobile Rhino’s 6-Point Protection Plan covers mechanical malfunctions, including these top five, as well as electrical malfunctions, accidental damage, loss, theft, and digital life protection.
About Mobile Rhino
Mobile Rhino, headquartered in Lake St. Louis, Missouri, is a mobile device insurance product offering the most complete protection on the market at the best value. Mobile Rhino provides full 6-Point Protection against loss, theft, mechanical malfunctions, electrical malfunctions and accidental damage, and offers digital life protection. Mobile Rhino is sold and managed through a downloadable mobile app and is the first mobile device insurance product available for sale through licensed insurance agents. Mobile Rhino is underwritten by Chartis/AIG and Sedgwick serves as its third-party claims administrator. Mobile Rhino operates out of Stuckey & Company, a specialty insurance provider based in Lake St. Louis. For more information, visit http://www.mobile-rhino.com.