(PRWEB) February 13, 2013
Application Security Professional and Industry Analyst team up to discuss systemic issues of insecure software and how organization’s can get smarter about application security.
- IDC: Charles Kolodgy, VP Research, Security Products
- Security Innovation: Edward Adams, CEO
As an industry, we have not figured out how to integrate security activities into software development as we have done for performance, reliability and functionality; and, we continue to struggle to identify the right skills and activities our development teams need to create secure code.
This webcast will discuss what organizations must do to roll out an effective application security program, which includes the right mix of training, tools, best practices and assessment that yield the highest mitigation on investment.
Systemic Issues of Insecure Applications
- Focusing on vulnerabilities instead of risk and attacks
- Over-reliance on tools and testing
- Ignoring unique threats of different platforms
Security Technologies & Tools: What They Can and Can't Protect
- IDE’s and Frameworks
- Dynamic, static, and fuzz testing tools
- Web Application Firewalls (WAFs)
Maturing Your Software Development Efforts
- Taking a role, activity, and risk-based approach to software development and deployment
- Making tools part of the SDLC… the right way
Date: Feb 20, 1:00 p.m. to 2:00 p.m. EST