The V2X Conference for Automotive Safety and Mobility Europe is the premiere B2B forum and the key start of year event created specifically to answer the crucial tech, imminent deployment and business strategy questions.
Frankfurt, Germany (PRWEB) February 12, 2013
After the EU Commission’s research uncovered that V2X technology could reduce road traffic accidents in Europe by 27%, saving 8000 lives a year, this topic has become a key focus in the automotive and transport sectors. Just this week, FIA, Ford and Ericson confirmed that they will be attending and addressing the audience of 100+ automotive, telematics, transport and govt. executives at the V2X for Auto Safety Conference in Frankfurt to lay out a clear strategy for deployment.
Shreya Ganapathy, Project Director, has announced exactly what the focus for the two day conference will be. “The V2X Conference for Automotive Safety and Mobility Europe is the premiere B2B forum and the key start of year event created specifically to answer the crucial tech, imminent deployment and business strategy questions set to unlock the value V2V and V2I innovation in the EU market and beyond. High quality, seamless and personalized end-to-end connected vehicle and infrastructure deployment are at the top of the agenda”.
At this lucrative tipping point for connected vehicle services, The V2X for Auto Safety and Mobility Conference and Expo 2013 marks the start of a critical year in the deployment and development of the V2X industry. With deployment on the horizon, it is imperative that the ecosystem unites at the start of 2013 to engage and improve safety across Europe.
Deployment Strategies Revealed
The full conference agenda and speaker line-up has also been released and can be viewed on the website: http://www.telematicsupdate.com/vehicle-to-vehicle-conference-europe/conference-agenda.php. Key sessions include:
- Commercialisation of V2X Technology: Evaluate options such as e-tolling and platooning for the commercialisation of V2V (vehicle-to-vehicle) and V2I (vehicle-to-infrastructure) technology to deliver ROI for investors and stakeholders
- Safety – The Ultimate Stimulus For V2X Offerings: Hear which V2X (vehicle-to-vehicle/infrastructure) safety initiatives like INTERSAFE-2 are being deployed by road operators and policy makers to improve intersection safety and rear-end collision warning amongst other features
- Future-Proof Business Models for V2V Uptake: Examine the evolving value-chain and resulting V2V business models such as lifetime, subscription, service bundles, incentive-based (e.g. insurance discounts) models to understand how to boost ROI for mainstream deployment
- ADAS Systems Converge With V2X Architectures For Driver Security: Understand which current and future V2X technologies will threaten and/or overlap with ADAS functionalities to gauge who you need to partner with to prepare for this major technology shift
Key automaker and road operator speakers
Telematics Update has invited automakers and road operators to speak to reveal their V2X commercial roll-out strategies to give the ecosystem a solid timeline for deployment, including:
- Markus Bauer, Integrated Vehicle Safety, BMW
- Gérard Segarra, Engineering ITS Innovation Pilot , Renault SAS
- Soren Hess, Chairman , ETSI Technical Committee on ITS
- Gert Blom, Mobility Advisor , Helmond FOT
- Tim Leinmüller, Info & Safety Engineering Department, Denso International
This conference is set to be the premier learning and networking forum for OEMs, wireless carriers, industry associations, road operators, government, tier ones, software and hardware manufacturers in the V2X landscape in Europe.
Visit the website for the latest news and announcements: http://www.telematicsupdate.com/vehicle-to-vehicle-conference-europe/index.php
Project Director | Telematics Update
T: +44 (0) 20 7375 7150 (Global) / 1 800 814 3459 ext 7150 (USA Toll Free)
Telematics Update is the reference point for automotive telematics, mobile and web industries and a cornerstone for communications within the industry. We aim to provide industry focused news, events, reports, updates and information. Telematics Update aims to be the hub of the automotive, mobile & web community enabling dialogue throughout the industry and driving telematics forward.