(PRWEB UK) 19 February 2013
It has been reported in This is Plymouth that George and Sandra Black, who live in Hemerden Heights were alerted to the fire by their smoke alarm and found an abundance of thick smoke coming from their upstairs airing cupboard. Fire crews took just 2 and a half minutes to arrive at the scene and believe that a faulty immersion heater may be to blame for the blaze which has left the house uninhabitable.
Offering emergency plumbing in Clapham, We Fix Now also offers fully trained engineers available to install, repair and check electrical appliances such as immersion heaters, as well as night storage heaters and hot water boilers. Naturally the team were concerned by the story and a representative shares this warning over the fire hazard of faulty appliances.
“This latest incident only serves to re-enforce the dangers of faulty appliances. Warning signs that there may be a problem with your immersion heater include hot water flowing from some cold taps or excessively hot water from the hot taps. If you suspect a problem, turn off the heater immediately and run the hot tap in the bath for a few minutes to let some of the hot water out of the system.
“Remember to get all electrical and gas appliances checked at least once a year by a fully trained engineer such as those provided by We Fix Now.”
We Fix Now is a London-based company providing emergency electricians and plumbing in London and counties. Renowned for their fast and effective service, the firm also specialise in unblocking drains, fixing central heating and boilers and sorting problems with gas. With a strong focus on customer service, We Fix Now prides itself on providing fully qualified and experienced engineers day and night, every day of the year.