San Francisco, CA (PRWEB) February 20, 2013
Attachments.me, the company that pioneered cross cloud integration between Gmail, Dropbox, Box, Google Drive and SkyDrive, today announced Attachments Everywhere, a new service that helps businesses and individuals securely share files from their cloud services to their contacts via email and social platforms. With the new service, users have seamless access to their most important files regardless of which cloud service they are stored in, and can share them with more security, analytics and context than was possible before. Instead of just attaching files to emails, documents can now be shared as secure links, which can be emailed, posted to social services, or sent via instant message. Attachments Anywhere is available today to the hundreds of thousands of people already using Attachments.me to connect Gmail to their cloud file services.
Email attachments were invented over 20 years ago, and have since become the lifeblood of personal and business communications. Yet while virtually everything else about computing has changed in that time, attachments remain firmly rooted in the past limited only to email, consistently burdening IT storage capabilities, and offering a poor user experience for both sender and recipient. Attachments Everywhere updates the value of attachments by moving them from the antiquated desktop email / file model, to one that is centered around communications channels and cloud storage systems that are common today.
“Attachments have been a boring backwater of the computer industry, devoid of innovation, yet critical for our day to day lives” , says Jesse Miller, CEO of Attachments.me, “Our mission is to make attachments sexy again by liberating them from the outdated systems and small minded thinking that currently constrains their development, and users value.”
Specific features of Attachments Everywhere includes:
● Cloud integration: In addition to allowing users to add files from their local computer, Attachments Everywhere allows users to add files directly from Dropbox, Box, Google Drive, Skydrive and even existing attachments in their Gmail.
● Social sharing: Attachments Everywhere generates unique web pages for individual files or document collections, allowing them to be quickly shared via instant messaging, Skype, Twitter or Facebook, or as links in emails.
● Mobile access: With the Attachments Everywhere mobile application, users have the full power of documentation communications wherever they are, giving them the same power to communicate traditionally available only via desktop apps. And for file recipients, new documents can be added their cloud storage service directly from the mobile app.
● Attachment security: Attachments.me offers fine grained security, allowing users to limit, control and revoke access for individual receivers. Files can also include password protection for group distribution.
● Attachment analytics: Instead of ‘sending blind’, senders can now see when the receiver has viewed or downloaded the file, including seeing which different contacts have viewed the same attachment.
● Cloud workflow: Not only can users share files from any cloud storage service, recipients can quickly get those files back into whatever cloud storage service they are using, either on a one off or via automated rules.
Pricing and Availability
Attachments Everywhere is available today for free. Pro accounts, which include advanced security options and unlimited attachment management, start at $9/month.
Founded in 2011, Attachments.me is dedicated to improving how people share files. Based in San Francisco, CA, the company has raised $2.5 million in funding from Foundry Group.