Gillette, WY (PRWEB) February 27, 2013
According to Olin Oedekoven, President and CEO of Peregrine Academic Services, the ECE program-level assessment service was designed according to the accreditation requirements associated with the degree program. Peregrine Academic Services currently provides similar assessment services for business, accounting/finance, and public administration degree programs. The exam service in ECE compliments their portfolio of higher education services and was developed in direct response to the increasing regulatory environment associated with higher education.
Oedekoven goes on to state, “Recent speeches by President Barack Obama, to include the State of the Union address earlier this month, along with announcements by the US Department of Education call for greater accountability in higher education and direct assessment of learning outcomes. Our assessment services in Early Childhood Education for both undergraduate and master’s degree programs are in direct response to this emerging requirement because we felt that no other vendor of similar services was providing such an exam service that colleges and universities could easily use towards fulfilling these regulatory requirements.”
Peregrine’s ECE exam services provide a direct assessment instrument designed with maximum flexibility in meeting the specific goals of an early childhood education program. The program administrator can select from ten Common Professional Components (CPCs) in early childhood education to align with the learning objectives of their specific program. The ECE CPC topics and the associated test bank of questions were developed specifically to address the accreditation requirements associated with the degree programs. Through this customization, the administrator is able to develop inbound and outbound benchmarks for their specific programs.
A typical student exam is administered online with 10 questions randomly selected from the test bank for each of the CPC topics, usually 60-100 questions per exam depending upon topic selection. Test banks are unique to both the undergraduate (associate and bachelors’ degree levels) and the graduate degree level. Results are immediately available to both the student and the program administrator.
The first set of examinations establishes an inbound competency for each student and for the entire inbound class. At the end of the program, the student will take an outbound set of questions from the same professional component group but not the same questions. This establishes the outbound competency of the student.
- Peregrine’s comparison reports can be prepared for specific groups of students for the institution to provide reliable direct assessment of the program’s learning outcomes. Education officials view these detailed reports as the key advantage of Peregrine’s third party direct assessment model.
- Customized direct assessment exams can be prepared for a particular early childhood program, a specific campus, or delivery method to measure specific aspects of an academic program.
- The assessment exams are economically priced and are supported by a world-class customer service team with 24/7 technical support.
- The exam services can be seamlessly integrated into the higher education program, both online programs and traditional campus-based programs.
- Peregrine Academic Services has a large database and can compare institutional results to other similar institutions for external benchmarking.
For more details on this cutting edge Early Childhood Education assessment service, please go to http://www.peregrineacademics.com/services/program-learning-outcomes-assessment.php and click on Early Childhood Education Academic Programs or call 1-877-260-1555.