Chicago, IL (PRWEB) March 06, 2013
Caregiverlist.com, the premiere service connecting seniors and professional caregivers with the most reliable senior care options, has compiled the most important information about senior care, THE REAL COST. Governmental benefits from Medicaid differ from state to state but pay very little of the costs, which range from $5,000 to $12,000 a month depending on what needs are required. Medicare, the health insurance program for all seniors beginning at age 65, does not cover long term care costs after 100 days; however Medicaid, for very low-income seniors, does cover these costs but you must qualify or meet a minimum annual income, which varies from state to state. Some patients “spend down” their bank accounts in order to qualify for Medicaid. Caregiverlist.com is the only site that you can find daily nursing home cost information along with nursing home ratings to find the best care for seniors.
Caregiverlist.com collects information from more than 18,000 long-term care nursing centers as well as in-home senior care options to provide seniors with the cost of every option. In order for seniors to find the right caregiver option, Caregiverlist.com can easily be searched by zip code or state to list all available options. The following are some of the staggering prices that seniors face:
“Senior care is crucial to prepare for with the rising costs and the limited aid provided from the government. In-home senior care is the most affordable option available when considering it also delivers the benefit of 1 caregiver dedicated to the senior's care needs.”
Caregiverlist.com CEO Julie Northcutt explains, “many Americans do not realize the true cost of long-term care until it is necessary, as nursing home care has become the place for rehabilitation after a hospital stay. Seniors and their families often have not planned ahead for these costs which Medicare does not cover."
TOP 10 MOST EXPENSIVE (Private/Shared Room per Day)
1. California – Sharon Care Center ($493/$228)
2. Massachusetts – Lowell Health Care Center ($480/$365)
3. Connecticut – Waverly Care Center ($468/$431)
4. Pennsylvania – Quadrangle ($465/$445)
5. Ohio – Heartland of Chillicothe ($462/$231)
6. Maryland – Patuxent River Health and Rehabilitation Center ($453/$315)
7. Michigan – Oakland Nursing ($450/$450)
8. Florida – Parklands Rehabilitation and Nursing Center ($442/$221)
9. Illinois – Lutheran Hillside Village ($408/$213)
10. Indiana – North Lake Nursing ($400/$400)
TOP 10 LEAST EXPENSIVE (Private/Shared Room per Day)
1. Illinois – Ridgway Rehab and Nursing Center ($95/$85)
2. Missouri – Truman Lake Manor ($96/$98)
3. Oklahoma – Lexington Nursing Home ($100/$90)
4. North Carolina – Brian Center Health and Retirement ($109/$184)
5. Michigan – Heartland Healthcare ($115/$85)
6. Georgia – Tattnall Healthcare Center ($115/$109)
7. Indiana – B&B Christian Healthcare Center ($125/$105)
8. Iowa – Clear View Home ($126/$118)
9. Tennessee – Laurel Manor ($126/$124)
10. South Carolina – Laurel Baye ($128/$117)
*Prices current as of March 1, 2013
The key to affording senior care is to use Caregiverlist.com’s state search to research the best nursing home option by zip code or submit a request for a senior home care agency care plan. Caregiverlist.com also provides information on ways to afford senior care to provide the best service for not only seniors but also families looking to take care of loved ones.
Caregiverlist.com is the premier service connecting seniors and professional caregivers with the most reliable senior care options, highest quality ratings and outstanding careers nationwide. Founded by senior care professionals, Caregiverlist.com brings the efficiencies of the internet to senior care companies by providing online job application pre-qualification forms, caregiver training and industry news. Seniors and caregivers can access senior service information “by state,” view nursing home costs and star-ratings and learn about all senior care options and quality standards on Caregiverlist.com. For more information, please visit http://www.caregiverlist.com. Click here to download our widget.