Greensboro, NC (PRWEB) March 19, 2013
Resolution Systems, Inc. (RSI) offers support for newly-hired Vice President (VP) of Sales tasked with turning around a troubled organization. RSI has developed prudent guidelines to help the VP navigate their organization out of troubled waters.
To begin with, a new VP must immediately obtain the “lay of the land”. When determining the layout here are some questions to ask:
- Are the financials so dire that bankruptcy looms?
- Who are the firm’s primary customers, and are those accounts in jeopardy?
- Which product lines are under-performing, and why?
- How effective are the marketing department and the supply chain?
- Are there customer service issues?
- Is the firm languishing because of low morale?
- What financial resources are available?
To determine the answers it is imperative that you communicate with the company’s personnel; both high and low level to determine all of the pressure points. Time permitting, a “listening tour” will quickly unearth the roots of the company’s problems. Once the primary sources—there are likely to be several—of the business’ problems are determined, the newly-hired VP can establish their priorities and take corrective action.
With a struggling firm a new VP must be a cheerleader and a turn-around agent; a bold decision-maker and a facilitator of open discussion; a persuasive speaker but also, and more importantly, a patient and accommodating listener to be able to make the best decisions for the organization.
Resolution Systems, Inc. provides sales assessments and training, as well as sales management training and coaching. RSI has helped hundreds of clients increase sales, improve team performance, and hire salespeople more effectively.