It is important to understand that the residents who received the emergency prank calls could have been part of a scheme in which criminals burglarized their residences.
Natchitoches, LA (PRWEB) March 18, 2013
As of 2011, a total of 146 million main line telephones were in use within the United States. This huge number shows how many people across the nation communicate on a daily basis by relying on this tool. However, since the telephone is so widely used, this allows for deceptive acts. According to WAFB 9 News, the Marshall Police Department recently warned local residents of prank phone calls occurring regarding fake emergencies effecting loved ones. Because of this, the agents at Cunningham Financial Group want to make sure residents feel safe and comfortable in their homes, even when the telephone rings.
It is important to understand that the residents who received the emergency prank calls could have been part of a scheme in which criminals burglarized their residences. Picking up a hoax phone call can be a stressful and scary invasion of privacy. Fortunately, there are some steps residents can take to stop these types of unwelcome intrusions, and Cunningham Financial Group has provided the following tips to do so:
- Once a person receiving the call picks up the phone, he/she should determine what kind of prank call is being communicated. It could range from a few teenage jokesters to criminals with dangerous agendas.
- Using Caller ID can help receivers screen calls before picking up. This way, they can avoid entertaining blocked or unidentified numbers.
- Never disclose personal information when called by an unknown number or prank caller.
- If the prankster continues calling, ignore the phone ringing.
- If the phone continues ringing, action should be taken. First, block the number through the phone company and if that doesn’t work, change the telephone number all together.
- If a prank call causes fear for one’s life, contact the police.
At Cunningham Financial Group, the agents are dedicated to providing the community with dependable, affordable coverage that helps them find peace of mind in their daily lives. These tips are meant to protect the public from falling victim to prank and dangerous phone calls. Being aware and prepared for unpredictable events is what the insurance agency specializes in, and with the support of their comprehensive home insurance policy, residents can receive the protection they deserve. Anyone interested in more information can contact the agency for a free quote at 877-494-0109.
About Cunningham Financial Group:
Proudly located in Natchitoches & Mansfield LA, Cunningham Financial Group is the area’s leading local insurance agency; dedicated to serving the insurance needs of Louisiana individuals, families and businesses for over 75 years. As a well established agency, Cunningham Financial Group represents various nationwide insurance carriers, allowing its dedicated agents to effectively compare rates and coverage to ensure clients receive the quality protection they deserve. The agency’s broad network of providers ensures that they can secure superior Louisiana insurance, and the most affordable online insurance quotes, for all coverage needs!