Learn more about SSAE 16 from NDB Accountants & Consultants.
Atlanta, GA (PRWEB) March 15, 2013
Thousands of companies throughout North America are being required to undergo annual SSAE 16 reporting assessments – and in doing so – would highly benefit from a comprehensive SSAE 16 audit checklist for helping properly plan their engagements. NDB Accountants & Consultants (NDB) now offers an in-depth SSAE 16 audit checklist that’s available at ssae16.org.
A well-written SSAE 16 audit checklist –offered by NDB – should include all relevant points for properly scoping and preparing for an engagement of this type, which requires the service organization to consider the following subject matter:
- Learning about the actual AICPA SSAE 16 attestation standard.
- Finding a competent, professional, and experienced PCAOB CPA firm.
- Identifying and discussing control objectives and related control specifications to be included.
- Identifying subservice organizations, and the respective reporting methods.
- Discussing all physical locations and related internal personnel involved with facilitating the SSAE 16 engagement.
- Conducting an actual SSAE 16 Readiness Assessment, then engaging in actively remediating all control deficiencies found, such as lack of policies and procedures, weak enforcement of formalized activities, etc.
Simply stated, an SSAE 16 audit checklist is a great starting point for any service organization undertaking SOC 1 compliance, as it helps all parties in understanding and planning for an engagement of this type. Compliance can be a tricky and costly game, so seek the services of a trusted and proven PCAOB CPA firm, such as NDB Accountants & Consultants (NDB).
To receive a competitive, fixed-fee quote, contact Christopher G. Nickell, CPA, at 1-800-277-5415, ext. 706, or email him at cnickell(at)ndbcpa(dot)com.
NDB also provides SOC 2 and SOC 3 SysTrust and WebTrust certification, along with numerous other regulatory compliance solutions, such as PCI DSS compliance, Regulation AB, HIPAA, NIST, ISO, ACH auditing, and others.