“Votenet’s mission is to give everyone a voice and make members and constituents a part of an organization’s decision making process,” said Votenet Solutions CEO Michael Tuteur
Washington, DC (PRWEB) March 15, 2013
Votenet Solutions, the leading provider of online voting and balloting software, has announced the results of an industry benchmarking study identifying voting and election based decision making trends among associations and non-profits.
The study analyzes findings from 239 participating organizations and identifies trends among associations and non-profits including:
- 80% of associations use some form of online voting, an 18% increase since 2009.
- Board and officer elections are the largest and most regularly held voting events.
- Other regularly held voting events include: bylaw changes, membership feedback, award selection, and board resolutions.
- Benefits of online voting are saving time, modernized election process, member convenience, saving money, and “greening” of the election process.
- The average voter turnout rate is 32%. Smaller organizations generally have higher turnout rates than larger organizations.
- The biggest election challenge faced by associations is voter turnout, followed by candidate recruitment.
“Votenet’s mission is to give everyone a voice and make members and constituents a part of an organization’s decision making process,” said Michael Tuteur, CEO of Votenet Solutions. “Our benchmarking study helps Votenet clients and the rest of the industry identify pitfalls in the election process so they can evaluate their governance policies and increase engagement and participation in voting events.”
Votenet will present the results of the study and action items from the findings in a webinar titled "How to Plan Your Election Strategy Around Voter Behavior" on Wednesday, March 20 at 11 a.m. Eastern Daylight Time.
To register for Votenet's complimentary webinar, send an email to CustomerRelations(at)votenet(dot)com. Webinar login information will be emailed before the webinar on March 20.
Full results of the study are available on the Votenet website.
About Votenet Solutions, Inc.
Founded in 2001 Votenet™ Solutions, Inc. is dedicated to its mission of giving everyone a voice and helping everyone make decisions. It is the trusted provider of secure do-it-yourself voting and balloting software and outsourced election management solutions. Every day, Votenet helps the world's most recognized organizations, communities, and companies collaborate with stakeholders to elect new leaders, make important decisions, and set new policies. It is headquartered in Washington, DC and serves over 1,500 customers.