"...for the first time our customers can import, process, and analyze Windows data using the same powerful BlackLight analysis framework they are already using to successfully conduct Mac and iOS forensic examinations.”
SAN JOSE, Calif., (PRWEB) March 19, 2013
BlackBag Technologies, Inc., a leading developer of forensics software and training solutions, today announced the immediate availability of BlackLight 2013 R1, a comprehensive iPhone, iPad, and Mac OS X forensic analysis tool. This latest release includes a timeline feature that displays device usage and communications chronologically, and adds Windows file system and Windows Registry analysis capabilities.
New features include:
- Windows File System Support - Import and process forensic images acquired from volumes and virtual machines formatted with the NTFS, FAT16, and FAT32 file systems.
- Comprehensive Windows Registry Analysis - Easily locate, analyze, and tag crucial MRU, and system, user, and application configuration Windows Registry keys. Search across all registry hives by key name, key value name, and/or key value content.
- Enhanced Internet Artifacts Support - Quickly and intuitively analyze Internet Explorer, Safari, Firefox, and Google Chrome Internet artifacts with the enhanced BlackLight Internet view.
- Timeline Analysis - View multiple Mac and Windows device files and communications chronologically to uncover important usage patterns. Drill down to isolate email, instant messages, voice communications, and files created or accessed within a specific time frame.
- New File Filter Views - Apply custom file filters independently within each BlackLight view to quickly pinpoint relevant media files, messages, email, contacts, and iOS device call data.
“Apple hardware is unique because it supports dual-boot Mac OS X and Microsoft Windows computing environments natively. Digital forensics cases involving a single Mac computer that boots to both operating systems, or contains one or more Windows virtual machines, are common,” said Derrick Donnelly, Chief Technology Officer. “We are extremely excited about this release, because for the first time our customers can import, process, and analyze Windows data using the same powerful BlackLight analysis framework they are already using to successfully conduct Mac and iOS forensic examinations.”
BlackLight 2013 R1 adds an elegant new Timeline feature that allows investigators to quickly identify high or low communication activity patterns across multiple computers and iOS devices, during a given time period. Timeline promotes an overall understanding of how these devices were used, and helps examiners visually track Mac and Windows files that were created, accessed, and modified within a specific time frame.
“Our entire BlackBag team relentlessly strives to develop and deliver software tools and features that help investigators quickly triage large data sets and pinpoint relevant information,” said Drew Fahey, Vice President of Product Development. “Our new BlackLight Timeline feature supports this endeavor. Examiners can see how the system was used chronologically, and then match electronic case evidence with other physical case evidence.”
BlackLight was developed by leading Mac and iOS forensic analysts as a comprehensive forensics software tool to help investigators conduct digital forensic examinations on Mac OS X computers, and iPhone and iPad devices. BlackLight is designed with both novice and advanced users in mind, and features a clean interface, easy navigation, and powerful advanced options. The BlackLight graphical user interface (GUI) was specifically designed to provide forensic examiners with robust capabilities and an intuitive and elegant user experience throughout all phases of a digital forensic investigation.
For more information about BlackLight 2013 R1, please visit https://www.blackbagtech.com. Visit the BlackBag Technologies blog at https://www.blackbagtech.com/blog to learn more about Mac OS X, iPhone, iPad, and iPod Touch digital forensics and BlackBag Technologies forensics software and training solutions. To schedule an online or on-site demonstration, please contact us at sales [at] blackbagtech.com.
About BlackBag Technologies
BlackBag Technologies, Inc. provides Mac OS X, iPhone, and iPad forensics and eDiscovery solutions. BlackBag acknowledges the growing challenges faced by forensic examiners and legal professionals in the digital forensics field, and is dedicated to creating flexible and comprehensive software, training, and professional service solutions. BlackBag serves a wide range of clients, including federal, state, and local law enforcement agencies, as well as leading private sector security, legal, and personnel professionals. Visit https://www.blackbagtech.com for more information.
BlackBag Technologies, Inc.
pr [at] blackbagtech.com
© 2013 BlackBag Technologies, Inc. All rights reserved.