Dublin, Ireland (PRWEB) March 20, 2013
The adoption of 2D barcodes saw significant acceleration in 2011 and the market is focusing on proximity marketing as a way to drive adoption of NFC and mobile payments. Smartphone users are increasingly using their devices to interact with the world around them providing marketers a new channel to reach consumers when they are out an about and shopping. This new channel will have strategic implications throughout the industry and vendors able to position themselves upstream of a mobile transaction through proximity marketing will be well positioned to influence the mobile payments market in the future.
The global market for action oriented proximity based marketing services is expected to reach $2.3 billion by 2016. The market is well established in Japan but is just gaining momentum around the globe. Outside of Japan, this market will reach $1.5 billion in 2016.
Key Questions Answered
- What is action oriented proximity marketing and how will it change the mobile marketing space?
- How quickly is the market growing and what are the growth drivers?
- What technologies will benefit from the growth of proximity marketing strategies?
- Who will be the trend setters and spearhead the development of this space?
- How can I participate in or support this emerging market?
- Who are the current players in the market and what are their strategies and strengths?
For more information, visit http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/h8nzmm/action_oriented.
Research and Markets is the world's leading source for international market research reports and market data. We provide you with the latest data on international and regional markets, key industries, the top companies, new products and the latest trends.
Research and Markets
Laura Wood, Senior Manager.
Sector: Mobile Content