Columbus, OH (PRWEB) March 23, 2013
Simonton Windows, one of the nation’s leading manufacturers of replacement and new construction vinyl windows and patio doors, has provided an abundance of energy-efficient windows for the new MainStreet America® park, located in Houston, Texas. The innovative park is situated on a 14-acre site and features 12 fully-appointed showcase homes representing many of the home styles and architectural features found across America.
Officially opened last month, MainStreet America features everything from a coastal home to a Spanish courtyard to a southwestern Mediterranean design. The homes at the interactive park range in size from 1,800 to more than 4,000 square feet each. Visitors can stroll throughout each demonstration home gaining inspiration and information by using a hand-held electronic TED (Technological Education Device). TED can instantly scan a programmed product tag on thousands of items in the park and immediately provide visitors with buying information and special features.
“We’re excited about the opportunities MainStreet America presents us to showcase a variety of our premier Simonton products to consumers at one location,” says Gary Pember, vice president of marketing for Simonton Windows. “People can be inspired to make changes in their current homes, create virtual product lists and take part in special seminars all at this one location.”
For MainStreet America, Simonton contributed the following products to the Visitors Center and eight of the show homes:
- The Design Center (45,000-square foot guest center for the park) – 170 Prism® by Simonton Platinum tan windows with a special chocolate custom paint job.
- The Cape Pointe (coastal beach house) – impact-resistant Simonton StormBreaker Plus® windows designed for coastal environments.
- The Wakefield (traditional brick house) – Prism by Simonton Platinum windows with Decorum® by Simonton special features.
- The Centennial (craftsman style home) – Simonton ProFinish® Brickmould 600 windows with a multi-tiered frame.
- The Casa Lana (Spanish courtyard house) – Prism by Simonton Platinum tan windows with special chocolate exteriors.
- The Timbergrove (classic stone and siding home) – Simonton ProFinish® Builder windows.
- The Valencia (southwestern Mediterranean house) – Simonton ProFinish Builder windows.
- The Ashby Manor (Old World architecture) – Simonton ProFinish Brickmould 600 and Simonton ProFinish® Contractor windows.
- The Villa Lago (Italian Mediterranean home) – Prism by Simonton Platinum tan windows with special ordered chocolate exteriors.
“We maximized our involvement in MainStreet America because it’s a new, unique way for consumers to gain information and ideas for their own homes,” says Pember. “This is a destination experience for people shopping for new homes, home products and home services. We want these consumers to understand that Simonton’s broad, energy-efficient product line perfectly complements the full spectrum of home designs showcased at the park.”
In addition to touring the homes, visitors can participate in how-to workshops and demonstrations, seasonal activities and meet with on-site building industry professionals, mortgage companies and interior designers. For additional information on the park, visit http://www.mainstreetamerica.com.
About Simonton Windows
Simonton Windows produces ENERGY STAR® qualified replacement and new construction windows and doors, including a line of impact-resistant products. Simonton has been ranked “Highest in Customer Satisfaction with Windows and Doors, Three Years in a Row” by J.D. Power and Associates. Simonton was also ranked #1 in quality in the 2012, 2009, 2007, 2002 and 1998 Brand Use Studies sponsored by Builder magazine and has won three Best In Class Awards administered by LBM Journal Research Institute.
Founded in 1946, Simonton’s hallmark has been to deliver the industry’s shortest, most dependable lead-times. Part of Fortune Brands Home & Security (NYSE: FBHS), Simonton delivers award-recognized products to key markets throughout the 48 continental United States and North America. Simonton is a Founding Sponsor of The Weather Museum, a Lifetime Founding Sponsor of the Lead Safe America Foundation, and a supporter of Homes for Our Troops. For information, call (800) SIMONTON (1-800-746-6686) or visit http://www.simonton.com.
Simonton Windows received the highest numerical score among window and door manufacturers in the proprietary J.D. Power and Associates 2010-2012 Windows and Patio Doors Satisfaction StudiesSM. 2012 study based on responses from 2,519 consumers measuring 11 brands and measures opinions of consumers who purchased new windows or patio doors in the previous 12 months. Proprietary study results are based on experiences and perceptions of consumers surveyed in January – February 2012. Your experiences may vary. Visit jdpower.com.
ENERGY STAR is a government program that helps consumers protect the environment through superior energy efficiency and is a registered trademark of the U.S. Department of Energy and the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency.
Prism® is a registered trademark of Norandex Building Materials Distribution, Inc.