“Expanding our support for Hyper-V is a critical component in our long-term technology road map and a direct response to market demand for real innovation in backup and DR protection for multi-hypervisor environments,” said Phil Baskette, CEO.
BURLINGTON, VT (PRWEB) March 26, 2013
QuorumSoft, provider of the best backup and disaster recovery solution for Citrix XenServer, announced today that it is expanding the capabilities of its Alike™ solution to support the Microsoft Hyper-V hypervisor.
The new Alike Version 3.0 will give companies a single powerful, interoperable, and easy-to-use backup and DR solution to manage their multi-hypervisor environment.
“Expanding our support for Hyper-V is a critical component in our long-term technology road map and a direct response to market demand for real innovation in backup and DR protection for multi-hypervisor environments,” said Phil Baskette, co-founder and CEO, Quorum Software, Inc. “Delivering this expanded capability is a major milestone and one that will deliver significant new value to our global customer base.”
Companies will be able to protect multiple hypervisors with a single installation of Alike v3.0. The new solution features seamless interoperability between Hyper-V and XenServer so companies can backup, replicate, and restore to and from either hypervisor.
With Alike v3.0, QuorumSoft is also offering customers simple, affordable, licensing per physical host. Companies will have the flexibility to easily change the licensed hosts between hypervisors as needed, directly from within the software, without the need for cumbersome reallocation.
Alike is available in two editions. Alike Standard is a comprehensive backup and recovery solution designed to protect an unlimited number of virtual machines (VMs) on a licensed host server. Alike DR is an enterprise class backup and disaster recovery solution with capabilities to replicate VMs and archive data to a secondary site, in addition to all the capabilities in Alike Standard.
The first dedicated backup solution designated as Citrix Ready, Alike has established itself as the most technically advanced backup and disaster recovery solution for XenServer environments. Key Alike strengths include:
- Industry-leading deduplication: Global, block level, source-side deduplication that delivers dramatic savings in storage, memory, and bandwidth costs while boosting backup and replication speeds.
- Fast, simple installation. Alike can be downloaded in less than a minute and can be in operation in only a few minutes.
- VM Replication and other Disaster Recovery capabilities. The solution features single pass backup and VM replication and Alike Offsite Vaulting, a streamlined process for saving globally deduplicated data to an offsite location.
- Efficient operation. The solution features several capabilities that help users conserve system resources, including the Alike Q-Hybrid capability which gives users a way to perform backups without using XenServer snapshots and lower I/O processing.
- High return on investment. The combination of QuorumSoft’s “best pricing” commitment, efficient backup and DR operations, and resource conservation make Alike a high-value option for companies seeking to protect their virtualization environments.
Alike v3.0 will be generally available in second quarter 2013 and will include several new technical features in addition to the support for Hyper-V.
Quorum Software, Inc. was founded in 2008 to offer organizations of all size the high-performance and cost-effective solutions they need to meet their backup and business continuity requirements.
You can get more information on Alike v3.0 at: http://quorumsoft.com/alike-v3.0
You can get general information about QuorumSoft: http://quorumsoft.com/index.php
Follow QuorumSoft on Twitter at http://twitter.com/QuorumSoft
PR for QuorumSoft