CfPIE Announces Advisory Board to Support Continued Life Sciences Training Alignment with Industry Regulations
Industry-active professionals converge to provide strategic guidance
Malvern, PA (PRWEB) March 27, 2013
The Center for Professional Innovation and Education (CfPIE), announced today that is has formed an advisory board to support the following mission: to help life science professionals stay compliant with worldwide regulatory requirements through expert guidance, high quality training, and certification programs.
The advisory board is comprised of six CfPIE course directors:
Michael A. Pierro, a consultant leveraging 35 years of pharmaceutical industry experience to guide SOPs, study management/monitoring, auditing, and site qualification. His former roles within Sanofi-Aventis assisted the company with maintaining regulatory compliance.
- John Geigert, Ph.D. assisted IDEC Pharmaceuticals, Immunex Corporation, and Cetus Corporation obtain regulatory approvals for six biopharmaceutical products, now commercially available, during his 35 years in biopharmaceutical and CMC industries.
- Janet Gough has extensive experience as a consultant to the pharmaceutical, biotechnology, and medical device industries. Her specialties lie in medical and technical writing, SOPs, R&D reports, regulatory submissions, and document management.
- Bill Hall, Ph.D., over the course of several decades in the pharmaceutical industry, held positions within a division of GlaxoSmithkline and the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill. He specializes in validation, QA/QC regulations, stability programs, risk management, and GMP audits.
- Byron Larson, a medical device consultant since 1986, formerly worked in R&D for Gambro. He specializes in design control, validation, and verification, risk analysis, medical combination products, and medical device submissions.
- Kerry Potter leverages over 30 years of experience in the pharmaceutical industry, 28 of which at Merck, bringing his expertise to bear in regulatory compliance, including quality systems audits, GMPs, documentation, project management, FDA inspections, batch record review, and root cause analysis.
The Center for Professional Innovation and Education (CfPIE) is the global leader in professional pharmaceutical, biotech, and medical device training within the life sciences industry. CfPIE offers more than 350 class sessions annually across 71 course titles. Multiple learning formats—classroom training, customized on-site training and certification programs—provides individuals and companies versatile choices for improving personal skills, maintaining regulatory compliance, and creating opportunities for career advancement. Small class sizes and life science industry-active course directors promote a dynamic learning environment with excellent student-to-teacher interaction.