Dallas, TX (PRWEB) March 30, 2013
EarthPeople, a Dallas-based sustainability communications firm, announced today its participation in the Society for Industrial & Organizational Psychology's 28th Annual Conference, SIOP 2013. The three-day conference will take place at the Hilton Americas - Houston from Thursday, April 11 to Saturday, April 13, 2013.
The conference will include an 80-minute symposium “Green I-O Consulting: Growing Your Practice to Include Environmental Sustainability,” which is intended to motivate and enable I-O consultants to expand their practices to address needs and capture opportunities in the emerging sustainability field. Presenters include thought-leading academics central to establishing SIOP’s sustainability agenda, internal I-O consultants from large organizations with strong sustainability programs, and an external consultant with unique expertise in environmental sustainability consulting.
Panelists will present on the following topics and research:
- Going after the Green: Expanding I-O Practice to Include Sustainability: John P Muros, AT&T
- Guiding Organizational Greening Efforts through Internal and External Benchmarking: Stephan Dilchert, Zicklin School of Business, Baruch College, Deniz S. Ones, Univ of Minnesota
- Influencing Environmental Sustainability Behaviors through HR Processes: Subhadra Dutta, PepsiCo, Christopher R Honts, Central Michigan University, Christopher T. Rotolo, PepsiCo
- Lessons Learned and Skills Required for Large-Scale HR Sustainability Projects: Elaine Greenway, Walmart Stores, Inc.
- Effective Branding, Marketing, and Communicating for Sustainability Consulting Services: Anna Clark, EarthPeople
“I was delighted by the invitation to speak at this important and timely conference,” said Anna Clark, president of EarthPeople, LLC. “Of the many stakeholder groups considering sustainability from different angles, organizational and industrial psychologists represent a critical constituency for driving sustainability through the value chain in corporations. Human resource professionals are uniquely positioned to influence management and train employees in sustainable processes, which will be essential for competitiveness in the 21st century.”
“Organizations are increasingly concluding that environmental sustainability is central to their missions,” added SIOP Executive Director Dave Nershi. “As organizations transform to minimize, mitigate, and neutralize their environmental impact, I-O psychology is uniquely positioned to aid in these efforts.”
EarthPeople is a communications and consulting firm that helps organizations profit from branding, corporate social responsibility, sustainability, and public relations strategies. Since launching in 2005, EarthPeople has helped start-ups, non-profits, municipalities, and Fortune 500s strengthen brand equity, human capital, and environmental leadership. Among its services, EarthPeople provides specialized communications, consulting, reporting, GHG and plastic disclosures, training, and stakeholder engagement. For more information, visit http://www.earthpeopleco.com.