The APAMP, APAMS and APAMPS series of External Antenna Modules provide a low cost system level solution for both GPS and GSM based architectures
Rancho Santa Margarita, CA (PRWEB) April 02, 2013
“The APAMP, APAMS and APAMPS series of External Antenna Modules provide a low cost system level solution for both GPS and GSM based architectures,” explains Syed Raza, Director of Engineering at Abracon Corporation.
- A GPS receiver has a built-in antenna to decipher satellite signals and decode them into the tracking data or maps on the screen.
- GPS active antenna is a combination of a GPS antenna and a low noise amplifier (LNA).
- In closed-off spaces, such as mountains, downtown areas with tall buildings or inside buildings and cars, signal reception is not as strong as in free space. Using an external active GPS antenna improves the signal reception.
- GPS external antennas also compensate for temporary signal loss to internal GPS antenna, while the vehicle is in motion.
- GSM (Global System for Mobile) antenna is commonly used in mobile phones and cell towers.
- GSM antennas operate using certain radio frequencies. In the United States, different wireless providers use slightly different frequencies for 3G network.
- AT&T and Verizon’s GSM frequencies are 850MHz and 1900MHz.
- T-Mobile and Metro PCS use 1700/2100MHz and 1900MHz for their 3G wireless systems.
- Abracon’s GSM external antenna group covers GSM900, GSM1800, GSM 1900 and UMTS(1900-2170MHz).
- GPS+GSM antennas are primarily used for tracking/monitoring objects, animals or even people.
- The majority of GPS tracking devices can transmit position updates through text messages; therefore they require a GSM network connection.
- GPS+GSM tracking devices update the position by collecting information from the cellular tower that is closest to the GSM +GPS tracking device.
- Examples of users who can benefit from GPS+GSM tracking devices are moving companies that track their trucks, taxi companies, car dealerships, adults who remotely monitor children or elderly for safety reasons, and telemetry monitoring.
The APAMP, APAMS and APAMPS series of External Antenna Modules will be available in Q2-2013 through Abracon's Global Distribution partners at a competitive distribution resale.
For technical assistance with this product, please contact Abracon Corporation at tech-support(at)abracon(dot)com.
Abracon Corporation was established in 1992 with the vision of becoming a top tier global manufacturer of Frequency Control, Signal Conditioning, Clock Distribution, and Magnetic Components with local design and technical support. Abracon provides its customers with high quality products, competitive pricing, timely delivery, reliable engineering and technical support plus production flexibility worldwide.